Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
helenvt
My Device: curve 9360

help curve 9360 - replied emails not showing on hotmail

hi

i am new t this site and after 2 days of trying to talk to vodafone this is my last hope.....

i have just returned to the uk after being away for 3 months (same time zone) and not using my phone for roaming since i have been back - it may be a coincidence..but when i reply to an email on my blackberry - it does not show as replied to on my hotmail account and yet the email sent is in my sent items on the hotmail account but after 1 day replying to emails on my phone when i get to my desk and log into my hotmail i cant see what has been replied to or not as all emails show up untouched - they are read but no reply or forward arrows appears on the inbox its like the push server is not talking to the phone and it is not recognising that i have replied to emails by phone. it should just duplicate what i do on my account if i delete, read or reply but it isnt and its very annoying

if anyone can help i would appreciate this - i have updated software deleted the email accounts, re installed them, re sent service books nothing

ahhhhh its driving me crazy

many thanks

New Contributor
helenvt

Re: help curve 9360 - replied emails not showing on hotmail

is there anyone that can help me with this problem please?

thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
helenvt

thanks all of this tried with no luck

ive already tried vodafone who told me to try on here as they say its not a vodafone issue

can anyone else help?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so clarify please? Refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Are ALL of the functions listed working as documented? Disregard the method of an item displayed in your HotMail...but, for instance, is the message that is sent from the BB (as a reply) reflected in the Sent Items at HotMail? From what you describe, I suspect that the function that is not working is the OTA Read/Unread markings from your BB down to HotMail...correct?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
helenvt

thanks yes all of the things you mentioned are not correcting the problem

when you reply to an email from the blackberry it does show up in sent items on hotmail but the reply icon does not show up on hotmail so there is no way of seeing what emails have been replied to / forwared to etc it just looks like an inbox full of untouched messages......but this was not the case a few weeks ago and when you do reply on the hotmail account the icon is there it is only if you reply by blackberry that the action has not been processed

its so annoying

thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

helenvt wrote:

thanks yes all of the things you mentioned are not correcting the problem

Huh? I don't think I understand that...are you saying that all reconciliation is working according to the KB or not? I can't tell from your words...

helenvt wrote:

when you reply to an email from the blackberry it does show up in sent items on hotmail

OK that's good. Confirms one of the things that should work.

helenvt wrote:

but the reply icon does not show up on hotmail

That's the part I told you to ignore for the moment...and please help a little more...I don't use HotMail, so I've no idea what you should be expecting in this regard.

helenvt wrote:

it just looks like an inbox full of untouched messages

Then everything is NOT working correctly...refer again to the KB...Wireless Read/Unread status is supposed to reflect back to HotMail...from what you say now, that's not the case.

helenvt wrote:

but this was not the case a few weeks ago

What changed? If it was only the travel you mentioned, then the steps I gave you in post 3 should have helped.

Further, in re-reading your replies to that post, I cannot tell if you truly did everything nor even if the steps worked as they are supposed to. Can you go back to that please, and detail out what exactly you do? All you said in response to that was "all of this tried with no luck"...but I want to be sure a) that the steps are actually working as they are supposed to and b) that you are actually doing all of them (including what is not included in any numbered step btw...e.g., removing and re-creating the BIS configuration for the email account).

helenvt wrote:

when you do reply on the hotmail account the icon is there

Again, I don't use HotMail, so I can only envision what you are describing from your words. Some sort of change in the inbox item I presume?

helenvt wrote:

it is only if you reply by blackberry that the action has not been processed

Well, technically not correct I think. The "action", as related to actually sending the reply and logging that sent item into the HotMail Sent Items folder does indeed happen correctly, right? It's just the inbox item on HotMail that is not reflecting a) being read on the BB and b) that you replied (by changing the inbox icon somehow or another).

Can you confirm other Read/Unread capabilities please? Again, please re-read that KB above and confirm each function. For read/unread, please confirm that by virtue of just reading an inbox item on your BB, but NOT replying to it on the BB. Just read it and close it on the BB. See if the item goes to "read" on HotMail or not. If not, then that complete function of reconciliation is not working...not just the icon change for inbox items you reply to on your BB.

I need you to be very precise here...we need to know exactly what is working and what is not working. Don't leave us to make any guesses at all please.

Thanks and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
helenvt

hi - i have done all steps as you said with service books, deleting the bis and re adding them and the battery....this does not fix the problem

it is only when i reply to an email if i delete an email or read an email on my handset it registers that on the hotmail account - it is only when replying to emails from my handset

many thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

helenvt wrote:

hi - i have done all steps as you said with service books, deleting the bis and re adding them and the battery....this does not fix the problem

Let me try again...I still cannot tell, from that response, if you did exactly the steps I laid out, nor can I tell at all if each and every step actually worked correctly. For instance, step one is to Register the HRT...you didn't bother to mention that step at all. You also did not say if you received the proper response during the Service Book resend step. Further, you can't delete BIS per se...all you can do is remove the BIS configuration for that email account, and then re-add it. You also now report these steps in a totally different order than I provided to you...the order they are conducted is crucial...all of which contributes to my confusion about your situation.

Please, help me to help you...I'm not clairvoyant. I'm asking you to be accurate and explicit...otherwise, I can't help you...

It also may help, when/if you actually delete/readd the email configuration in BIS, to wait an hour between deleting before adding it back in. If you have other email accounts in BIS, you might also want to remove them all...for instance, if there's been an update to BIS itself, then that is only serviced to your BB if all email configurations are removed and then re-added.

helenvt wrote:

it is only when i reply to an email if i delete an email or read an email on my handset it registers that on the hotmail account - it is only when replying to emails from my handset

So I think you mean to say that, if you simply open, read, and close an email on your BB, then that "read" status is properly reflected at HotMail. But, if you open and reply to a message, it remains unread on HotMail, but the reply item is indeed properly in the HotMail Sent Items? Again...I need you to be explicit so that I can properly understand...I don't like having to guess. 

What about all of the other reconciliation capabilities in that KB?

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
helenvt

i did all steps as listed below exactly in the same order and the problem is still the same when i try to send reply emails from my handset

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

i got all the regestration messages and have been recieving email since with no problem!

So I think you mean to say that, if you simply open, read, and close an email on your BB, then that "read" status is properly reflected at HotMail. But, if you open and reply to a message, it remains unread on HotMail, but the reply item is indeed properly in the HotMail Sent Items? Again...I need you to be explicit so that I can properly understand...I don't like having to guess. 

- if i open and reply to an email on my handset only then the message just shows as opened in my hotmail - not replied to (ie no reply icon) i know you dont use hotmail but any email account will show its action be in reply or forward when you open an email ! the email just appears opened that is all but the message that was sent as a reply is sitting in the sent items folder

What about all of the other reconciliation capabilities in that KB?

there are no steps above from the kb steps i can see about reconciliation please advise

thanks