Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
DDinCO
My Device: Curve 9330

help...down to one last login attempt

Hello everyone,

I have a BB curve 9330. I just upgraded to another phone, so I no longer have phone service on my BB. The password I always used to log into my BB is not working & I’m on my last password attempt before it wipes my BB data. I went back to my carrier, Verizon, but they couldn't help.

Since my calendar didn't cross over to my new phone, my BB is my only reference. Can anyone tell me if there's another way to access the info or get more log in attempts for the BB curve 9330? I have the Blackberry Device Manager software on my PC, but I still need the password to sync it.

BTW... This BB had originally been on a BES, until I left my job to move to another state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: help...down to one last login attempt

Hello,

Only the user-created device lock password can unlock your BB. There are several things we could have had you try if you had asked sooner, but with only one attempt left, there is pretty much no hope. There is no "back door" or "override" password...only the user-created password can unlock it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
DDinCO
My Device: Curve 9330

Bummer, OK thanks for your quick response.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are welcome...

FYI...just in case. Since it was on BES before, if it was not properly removed, then you need to do a WIPE anyway -- but a different one than that which will be initiated by the failed password:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If you have any kind of backup from which you intend to restore, then be sure and NOT do a wholesale backup. Rather, just do a selective backup of only those databases you require, specifically avoiding any that have to do with IT Policy. You can find a complete listing of the databases included within the post linked in my auto-sig on this post (regarding recommended backup instructions).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code