Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
OrleeAgustin
My Carrier: globe telecom

help! my BB Curve keeps rebooting...

I just went to turn my bluetooth on when my Blackberry Curve 9220 phone automatically reboot and keeps rebooting... tried hard reseting it already but still does the same reboot and reboot cycle...

anyone j¥knows how to solve this problem??? 

thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: help! my BB Curve keeps rebooting...

Hi OrleeAgustin

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Try to Start your device on Safe Mode , and if you have recently Installed any application before this problem arise then uninstall that particular application, Try to recall what changes you have made on your device , any new application , theme or an wallpaper 

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

So try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OrleeAgustin
My Carrier: globe telecom

still no good.

after i started on safe mode my phone when off and rebooted on its own. same cycle.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi OrleeAgustin

First try removing the media card , see if that helps if problem persist then you have to use application loader to load the OS again ,but do you have a backup of your device or are you using BlackBerry protect because this process will delete all data within your device , To recover your device follow this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dineshlkhanna
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Ok guys I found the real problem to 9220 rebooting and battery draining very fast. I was facing the same problem for the past 4 months. It seems that there is a design fault in the battery case of the 9220. The battery does not fit in properly and as result it gets short and results in battery drainage and rebooting. I used a very simple way to counter this problem. You can try this too and share your experience with me on my mail {REMOVED}

Get a small piece of paper may 2inches X 2 inches. Fold it into half. Remove your BB 9220 battery and place half of the folded paper below the end of the battery such that the other half wrpas around it and comes on top of it. Now force place the bettery into the battery compartment and if needed add more paper. The battery should fit in tight. Close the phone case and Bingo...an all new experience of 9220..have a great day

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
negative12
My Carrier: vodafone

i had the same problem and tried to do the same u suggested...but at the time of updating it shows error of insufficient network connection even tough my net is working perfectly !

please help

Please use plain text.