Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mzmicro
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

help with GPS??

Can anyone please help?? When trying to access the gps it says "Error starting telenav55: Module 'releaseLib55' not found Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: help with GPS??

I'm not sure about your error. Are you using TeleNav? Your gps may work fine but it might be the application that isn't working. Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. I'm not familiar with TeleNav, but since nobody else is posting here I thought I'd take a crack at your problem.

What OS are you running? Go to Options>About and it should say 4.X.X.XXX. This info helps in some situations when it is to do with compatibility of apps and themes with the OS.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mzmicro

Re: Re: help with GPS??

It says 4.2.2.170 My GPS was working just fine then one day while trying to access it I get the error "Error starting telenav55: Module 'releaseLib55' not found" Now I can't get it to work...
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

Re: Re: help with GPS??

You're not being clear with what you've tried mzmicro. Did you try to delete the app from the phone and reinstall it?
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mzmicro

Re: Re: Re: help with GPS??

No, sorry, I did not delete the app..I have no clue how to delete it and reinstall it..
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

How did you install the app in the first place? To delete it go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and select the app, press menu and delete. Make sure you know how to reinstall it.
Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mzmicro

I did not install it...m BB came with the app...icon...
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

Open Desktop Manager, connect your phone to the computer and go into Application Loader>Add/Remove Applications. Scroll down the list and check if Telenav is located there. Uncheck the checkbox next to it, go next and finish the wizard. It should remove it from the phone (if it is on the list). The phone may reboot for several minutes after doing this. Once it has started up again, go back into Desktop Manager and follow the same procedure, but this time make sure TeleNav has the check next to it so that it loads it onto the phone. Keep going next and it should load it back on.

If you don't have TeleNav shown in Desktop Manager then I would figure out where you got it from. Maybe your provider gives you this service and I would call them to ask them about the error and how to load the application again. Deleting it from the phone can be done by going into Options>Advanced Options>Applications, select the app, click menu>delete.

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mzmicro

Re: Re: Re: Re: help with GPS??

Okay, so here goes another problem I can't get the desktop manager to work...when I connect the phone you can tell it's connected yet the desktop doesn't recognize it and it says disconnected.. Oy, so sorry for my lame a** I am not to bright when it come to this stuff..keeping the thread open/on top.. etc..yes, having a hard time with it..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mzmicro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help with GPS??

Hmmmm, not sure if I will ever be able to get the gps working again.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.