Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

liane776
My Device: curve
My Carrier: vodafone

help with alert on my home screen

hey all, really  hope someone can help. i downloaded an app for my voucher codes and it froze from the first try so i deleted it but its still showing an alert along the bottom of my home sceen and i cant get it away i have check for any messages from this rubbish app and i have installed and deleted it over and over agang to see if it would help!! its driving me nuts just sitting there :smileysad: how can i get rid of this alert wen its no longer installed or showing in my app world??  please help x

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: help with alert on my home screen

Have you checked your messages folder sometimes those things get placed in there and could be marked as unread.

To perform a search of messages on the BlackBerry® smartphone to display the unread messages, please use the process below.

Device software 4.5 to 5.0:

Open the Messages application.
Press the Menu key.
Select Search.
To search a specific folder then scroll to the Folder option.
Press the trackball or trackpad.
Select the desired folder.
Scroll to the Show option.
Select Unopened Only.
Scroll to the Type option.
Select the desired message type.
Press the Menu key.
Select Search.
Device software 6.0 to 7.1:

Open the Messages application.
Press the Menu key.
Select Search By.
Select Advanced.
To search within a specific email account, change Service to desired email account.
To search within a certain folder, select Folder and navigate to desired folder.
Scroll down to Show and select Unopened Only.
To search specific message types, select Type and select desired type.
Hit the Menu key and select Search or scroll down to the Search button.
The unread messages of the selected message type will be displayed.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: help with alert on my home screen

liane776 wrote:

hey all, really  hope someone can help. i downloaded an app for my voucher codes and it froze from the first try so i deleted it but its still showing an alert along the bottom of my home sceen and i cant get it away i have check for any messages from this rubbish app and i have installed and deleted it over and over agang to see if it would help!! its driving me nuts just sitting there :smileysad: how can i get rid of this alert wen its no longer installed or showing in my app world??  please help x

Try this: when you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which resolves minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.