Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
speedy1zn
My Device: blackberry 9320

help with software upgrade

good day

my nephews girl friend was doing a software upgrade and while the upgrade was taking place they mistakely removed the phone from the p.c, now the phone comes on to the loading screen and goes up tp 75% and stops and doesnt want to come on. i have tried using the blackberry desktop software but it doesnt detect the phone because it hasnt loaded.

please can someone explain steps on how i can rectify this problem.

thanks mo

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: help with software upgrade

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this process:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

Hi thanks for the info will try it out and let you know if i succeeded
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

hi

i have tried all the steps that you have told me and stil no luck.

the message that i keep getting is ''application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry.

thats the message i keep getting when im upgrading the software.

your help will be highly appreciated

thanks mo

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...interesting...in most cases, what I provided works given your description. Therefore, I can only now offer you even more radical recommendations. Hopefully you already have a good backup of the BB, for it is unlikely that you now will be able to take one.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

hi

i have tried everything i can and i have failed. this phone jus dont seem to be getting fixed..............

what do i do next??????????????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Unfortunately, I've already given you all that I know of that an end user can do themselves. But, while I'd like to help you diagnose further, there's nothing I can offer based on your limited report. Perhaps if you provided details (e.g., the exact steps, from what I recommended, that you attempted along with the exact results of each step) I might be able to see some flaw in the process. But, from that brief report, I can deduce nothing at all, and so have nothing further to offer.

Therefore, your next step would be in-hand support from a qualified hardware technician. If you remain in warranty, you seek that from your warranty service provider -- either the original place of purchase, an authorized service center, or the mobile service provider (it varies by region, so I cannot tell you what your specific warranty provisions are). If you are out of warranty, then you seek out a local (to you) shop with qualified BB technicians.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

hi

i have done all the steps the problem arises when it says '' wait for device initialization " , thats when the problem starts cos it stals at about 70% loading......... it then gives me a messages saying " connection prompt.......... application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry ".

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Unfortunately, that's still not enough detail. Witness -- post 3 has one process, and post 5 has 3 other processes. Further, each of those processes has multiple steps within them, and as with all processes, each requires the success of each step before proceeding to the next step. Therefore, still I cannot tell, from this additional information, which of the 4 processes nor which of the multiple steps within you actually are at. So, again, I must request adequate detail to help. Please remember...I have only what you say here to guide me. I make no assumptions, and rely totally on what you provide to help me understand your situation. As it stands, I do not understand which of the 4 processes you are attempting, nor where within them you are stuck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

hi i pass the first process then get stuck on the second process, which is the waiting for initilization of the device. i dont pass the second process to see if the last 2 work. when the phone switches off the reboots, it stals while loading.

hope that info can help you help me.

Please use plain text.