Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: help with software upgrade

OK...let me see if I understand correctly:

speedy1zn wrote:

i pass the first process

You mean, the process linked in post 2 above? And, by "pass", what does that mean? To me, it means that the process was successful. But I do not think that is what you mean.

speedy1zn wrote:

then get stuck on the second process

Do you mean this one from post 5?

There are many steps in there, is this the screen you are stuck on?

But it never completes the "Wait for Device Initialization" step?

speedy1zn wrote:

i dont pass the second process to see if the last 2 work.

Perhaps you should try the last 2 to see if they might work where the others fail?

speedy1zn wrote:

when the phone switches off the reboots, it stals while loading.

How long do you wait? Sometimes, it can take as long as 15 minutes (perhaps longer) for the reboot to complete. What does the device screen show?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn
My Device: blackberry 9320

ok let me explain myself nicely.

the first process is, load jvm and system software, that process gets done.

the second process is, wait for device initialization, that's the process that i cant get pass. i keep getting a message saying, application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I see now we are using completely different terms for things. By "process", I mean the 4 different articles I provided to you above, not the details within any of them. You, on the other hand, are talking about the details within when you say "process".

As such, I still do not know which of the 4 processes (my definition, not yours) I provided that you are actually attempting...I understand it is stuck inside one of those, but I need to know which (of those 4 links in the posts above) you are actually attempting so that I can follow along and hopefully help you.

Nevertheless...

speedy1zn wrote:

the second process is, wait for device initialization, that's the process that i cant get pass. i keep getting a message saying, application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry.

So, what happens when you do exactly as it instructs?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

lol i think we on two different pages.

i have tried all those links or articles you have given me to try and i get the same results all time, with the exact same error message.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so, what about my prior question? What happens when you do exactly as the error message tells you to do?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedy1zn

it keeps giving me the ame error message, it doesnt want to connect to the phone so that it can complete the upgrade or should i say installing the software.

i have even downloaded that bbask program or app to remove the software but it wont connect to the phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...well, I still don't know which of the 4 processes you are following, but let's try some prerequisites...

Have you downloaded and installed, to your PC, the most recent Desktop Software?

Have you also, after the above, downloaded and installed, to your PC, the OS package you wish to install to your BB?

If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, have you also deleted, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML? There will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Have you ensured that there is only one BB OS package installed to your PC?

Have you tried different USB ports on your computer?

Given what you describe, have you tried yet the article I linked above that is directly related to the symptom you are now describing?

If not, please do so...this may be exactly what you need.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.