Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

help!!!!!!!

when I open my message folder on my blackberry it will occasionally open to a previous day/month in my inbox, sometimes it is a few days ago, and i need to scroll through dozens of messages to get to back to my new messages, sometimes it is a month ago, and i need to scroll through thousands, and in case of today, i opened my inbox to find it on my first message, almost a year ago, so to scroll through thousands of messages is not an option, which is why im here.

first question: is this glitch i need to send the phone back for, and,

second question: is there a way in the meantime to go to my most current messages in my inbox?

in the mean time i am searching for unopened messages in my inbox and it is so time consuming!!

thank you so much for your help!!!!

warmly,

Jason

Contributor

Re: help!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about why this occurs for you but here is a list of shortcuts to get around in your msg box a little easier and a lot faster! Message shortcuts: In a message-To reply to a message, press the R.-To reply to all, press L.-To forward amessage, press the F.In a message list-To open a highlighted message, press the Enter key.-To compose a messagefrom a message list, press the C.-To mark a message as opened or unopened, press the Alt key and U.-To view receivedmessages, press the Alt key and I.-To view sent messages, press the Alt key and the O.-To view voicemailmessages, press the Alt key and V.-To view SMS text messages, press the Alt key and S.-To view all yourmessages again, press the Escape key.Move around a message list-To move up a screen, press the Shift key and theSpace key.-To move down a screen, press the Space key.-To move to the top of a message list, press T.-To move tothe bottom of a message list, press B.-To move to the next date, press N.-To move to the previous date, pressP.-To move up a message, press N.-To move to the next unopened item, press U.-To move to the next relatedmessage, press J.-To move to the previous related message, press K
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

By default the BlackBerry should remember the last message that message that was selected. So if you select a message at the bottom of your list, back out, then come back in, it should remain on the message at the bottom of your messages list.

If you try that now with a message near the top of your list see if it's behaving that way. Have you already tried resetting the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds then replacing it? Usually tha's a good troubleshooting step to do first for any abnormal behavior

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Visitor

When I try using the message shortcuts, nothing changes; i.e., calls and e-mails all listed together.
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

[ Edited ]

WelcSmiley Happyme to the SuppSmiley Happyrt FSmiley Happyrums!

you can seperate your folders by going to your message icon - menu key - options - general options  -  then scroll down and click SmS and emails - SEPERATE - this will seperate your texts and your emails.  (if i understood what you were asking)

Message Edited by cathlabnurse on 04-04-2009 12:35 PM

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy