Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
ceecee210
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

help !

ive had my blackberry curve 9320 since last november and all of a sudden the scroller has stopped working, the phones in fine condition and it still works perfectly and but yesterday i left my phone on the cabinet for about 20 mins and from then the scroller isnt moving, it still clicks things but just wont move ive tried re-booting it about 6 times, ive put weight on the scroller over night and tried re-booting it again this morning and it still wont move at all, any one got any ideas?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: help !

Hello ceecee210

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If this problem appeared after installing any recent application then you should consider deleteing that particular or any other which might be responsible . For that first try to boot your device on safe mode :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If that is not the reason then you should consider this KB :

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone

So , you can try those suggestion given above or else you have to replace your Trackpad.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
ceecee210

thankyou for that:smileyhappy: but ive tried both of the methods but none of them worked:smileysad:, shall i just get a new trackpad and see if that works? but the thing is i have no idea how to take my phone apart

Elite II
prince2012

Hello ceecee210

Within that second KB i suggested there are 4 resolutions , have you tried all of them ! Or atleast # 3 and # 4 . You should try that .

If that fails then you can contact your Service provider who can replace the trackpad . Or if you want to do it yourself  then  there are many youtube videos available on internet which you can follow , but still you need a new trackpad which you have to order online or buy it locally .

So first try the above KB to confirm if your trackpad has a problem or its just a software glitch .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
ceecee210

i've just tried everything but not everything has came up as i cannot move the scroller at all i tried the test and i could not do that as i couldnt scroll to anything so im just going to take it to a shop and see if it needs a new trackpad instead of fiddling with it myself and risking anything, thankyou for the tips anyway!:smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi ceecee210

OK , if your trackpad is not allowing you to do any of those tests then visiting a repair shop is indeed a good decision . They are qualified for that . I hope and wish your problem resolves soon :smileyhappy:

Good luck.