Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ssca
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

hi...i have done the back up onto my laptop but now cannot open the folder to check the information

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: hi...i have done the back up onto my laptop but now cannot open the folder to check the information

Hello ssca

Welcome to the Community

Those Backup Files are meant for Backup  and Restore back to our BlackBerry device using BlackBerry Desktop Software but if you want to view those backup files you need some free software like Magicberry it will allow you to read and convert those backup files.

KB10339 :How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karenmillares
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: hi...i have done the back up onto my laptop but now cannot open the folder to check the information

As mentioned, you will have to use a 3rd party software to access the backup because the backup file is not native to the computer itself. You will need an application that will convert the data for you. My experience with Blackberry Backup Extractor was great, it can open both IPD and BBB backups and even the encrypted ones.

Please use plain text.