Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: globe

hi plZ help me to fix the error to my Blackberry 9300 Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

;   hi good plzz do help me to fix the error to my bb9300 i just update my bb9300 the the i see 

error b    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException    anyone here can help me to fix i appreciate

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: hi plZ help me to fix the error to my Blackberry 9300 Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

I am guessing that you are not a Java developer, and it is not your application that is causing the Null Pointer Exception. 

It sounds like you have updated the OS on your Blackberry device and one of the applications that you have installed is not coping with the upgrade.  

If you press on an application icon and then that causes the error, then you know there is a problem with that application and so you need to report this to the developers of that application and get an updated version. 

If this is happening when you restart your device, then it appears that one of the installed applications is failing at start up time and so it is not obvious which application.  So you need to see which of your applications doesn't appear to be providing all the functions it used to, and it would be a good guess that it is that application that is causing the problem.  Again you need to go back to the developer to get an update. 

Let us know if that does not help.

Also you have posted in the Java developer forum.  If this really is not your program causing the problem, then I suggest a better place to post a question relating to the 9300 is in the appropriate device forum here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/bd-p/Curve