Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
erinalford
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

hotmail stopped working

I added my hotmail account successfully and then had to remove it to work on adding an outlook address.  I added the hotmail account a second time and recieved the Activation Server email saying Congrats you'll start receiving hotmail emails in 20 minutes and it never worked.  I deleted the account and set it up again, but same problem.  I did it using the bberry and also using the website.  Argh!  Any ideas?  Also, turned it off and removed battery and started it up again.  Still nothing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erinalford

Re: hotmail stopped working

Also, I can send email, just am not receiving them.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

I had my hotmail stop working.  Try logging into your account from a pc.  As soon as I logged in from a pc, the emails starting streaming into my phone.  You can also delete the account from your BB and re-establish it.  This should work.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erinalford

Do you mean log into my hotmail account online?  I have been logged in off and on, but it hasn't made a change.  I checked my settings on my Blackberry Internet Service site and there aren't any filters set.  I resent the service books as the help menu suggested and deleted the old email notifications.  Popped the battery out again.  I can't see anything under settings that should be changed.  Sheesh, this is driving me NUTS! 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erinalford

Fixed it.  I logged into hotmail account settings and changed my password.  Updated the password on my blackberry and it worked.  Completely weird, but it worked.  Yay.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nelsonchukwu
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: MTN

Never worked out on mine for over 3months now.
Please use plain text.