Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Sky
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

how do I delete ALL contacts from my 8300?

New to BB and to the 21st Century technology.  I am an old dog (60's) really trying to learn new tricks!!

I have upgraded my 8300 Curve to an 8310 with built in GPS.  I am able to sync my address book/contacts using PocketMac software.  so far so good.

However, I now cannot get my contacts OFF the old 8300 unless I do them one by one.  Is this really the only way?  

I want to give the 8300 to my grandson, but want to be sure all info is completely cleared.  Is there a global "search and destroy" command?

Thanks..... 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: how do I delete ALL contacts from my 8300?

Wipe the device.. Its sets it back to factory settings as when you first opened it from the box.

Options> Security settings > General Setting >{Menu Button}> Wipe handheld

Robot Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

I've downloaded about 200 songs already onto my Blackberry curve 8310.  How do I delete the address book without wiping off everything else??
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

When you wipe the device, ALL info is erased.  Move the songs to a sd card then wipe it clean.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Contributor

That's actually a great idea, but how do I keep the emails that I've received. They don't go into my AOL email account any more, and if I wipe the phone everything will be lost.

Any ideas?

The songs are on a memory card and I also have an ebook-encyclopedia on the device. 

Is there another way to delete the address book?

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Forward your emails to another account.  If you don't have one, get a gmail or yahoo account.  This will at least save them for viewing later.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 8330 curve
My Carrier: sprint

this was really helpful because sprint could not even help me!