Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
charles
My Device: Not Specified

how do I transfer my existing info on the old SD card to my new one that has bigger capacity ?

Hi,

I just bought a 4 GB SD card for my Blackberry Curve 8310, can anyone please help with instruction on how to transfer data from the old card to the new one ?  I appreciate your time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnyutah

Re: how do I transfer my existing info on the old SD card to my new one that has bigger capacity ?

You computer should recognize the BB as a external drive.  Simply drag the files to a folder on your desktop and drag them back to the new memory card.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charles

Re: how do I transfer my existing info on the old SD card to my new one that has bigger capacity ?

johnnyutah, thank you !

Since I'm new to this, I don't know if this operation would save all my contact from address book, or is that saved directly onto the phone ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnnyutah

Contacts and other PIM info - no.  Use the Desktop Manager software and the Backup and Restore function to transfer all the PIM data from one device to another.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charles

Johnnyutah, thanks for your time !

Please use plain text.