Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tammythetutor
My Device: 8310
Accepted Solution

how do i activate my BB id?

I was attempting to download an app and my correct e-mail add appeared and it asked for my password.  I entered my standard password and it said my request cannot be processed and it check to see if my BB id had been activated.   How do I do this?

New Contributor
tammythetutor
My Device: 8310

Re: how do i activate my BB id?

Never mind.  Figured it out myself.

New Contributor
NPiazza
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem. What did you do to solve it?I'll be on the road, so I would appreciate a response to my email.

Nick Piazza

xxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.net

EDIT: Personal Information Removed - information such as e-mail is prohibited for security purposes

New Contributor
msy88
My Device: Curve 8900

I think I'm having the same problem:

It worked fine until today when I was trying to open 'My World' in the BB App World (on my phone). It asks for my password (email field is pre-populated).  I entered what I thought was the right password, with no avail. Then I clicked on 'forgot password' and it opens a 'password recovery' dialog. Again, my (correct) email address is pre-populated, but when I hit 'OK' after a couple of seconds it comes back saying 'Your request cannot be completed. Please ensure that your BlackBerry ID has been activated and that you have typed the correct email address'.  It is the correct email, but where can I activate (or manage) my BB ID?? 

gubs020368
My Device: BLACKBERRY 8900 CURVE

I am trying to upgrade my bb messenger and it is asking me for my email address and password and when i give it to them it tells me there is an error and i need to activate my bb id. How do i do that?

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

HIYA!

Im assuming this is when you are all using the new App World? All you have to do is, at the top of the page, Create an ID!! You create a username then enter your email and create a password. This is used strictly for the App World. The username is there for when you review an app. You also have the ability to edit your payment options aswell.

Its fairly quick and easy, and again, all you have to do is create the login at the top of the login page in App World.

Hope that helps!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
msy88
My Device: Curve 8900

Thanks for your reply, Raelic!

After some digging on the BB App World web site (it wasn't really at the top for me) I found the option to create a BB ID and it now works both on the PC as well as on the phone.

This is how to get to the BlackBerry ID Services:

http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/home 

And you were right, Raelic: the issue started right after I accepted an invitation to update my BB App World on my phone.  The thing that threw me off, was the fact that it had pre-populated my email address - which I guess I had provided during the initial BB App World installation.  So I thought I already had a BB ID, but that concept seems to be a new addition in this version of BB App World. 

I was worried that if I set up a new ID, it would 'forget' what apps I had already installed (which I understand is the whole point of BB IDs - i.e. it identifies you as a user and lets you take your apps to any new BB phone)...  But I was able to register with my same old email address and now it still shows all my apps. 

I guess this could have been communicated a little better with the message promoting the new BB App world new version.  But it works now, and that's all that counts.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Happy to help!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
craigeatock
My Device: curve 3g

my bb id is activated so when i put it in and log in it j...

my bb id is activated so when i put it in and log in it jst says loading for ages after about 5 mins i pressed back and it said you need to agree with the terms and condition.. can u help me

wownamic
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: how do I activate my BB id?

I was frustrated - but this message was the perfect answer.  Thank  you

Raelic wrote:

HIYA!

Im assuming this is when you are all using the new App World? All you have to do is, at the top of the page, Create an ID!! You create a username then enter your email and create a password. This is used strictly for the App World. The username is there for when you review an app. You also have the ability to edit your payment options aswell.

Its fairly quick and easy, and again, all you have to do is create the login at the top of the login page in App World.

Hope that helps!