Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

moi
Visitor
moi
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how do i transfer pictures from my blackberry curve 8330 to my pc?

i don't have internet connection on my blackberry. i am not interested in putting my pictures directly online from my blackberry. i just want to be able to put the pictures on my computer so that i can delete them from my phone. my phone is too full and i can not take any more pictures.

also, how do i put music from my computer on to my phone? i have an 'entertainment' folder on my blackberry that i can't open or do anything with. i am assuming correctly that because i haven't been able to download music to the blackberry, the 'entertainment' folder won't open, right?

please help.

thanks.

moi

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: how do i transfer pictures from my blackberry curve 8330 to my pc?

It's recommended to buy a microSD card to store your media files on, so you don't run out of memory on your device.

Depending on what OS your BlackBerry is tells you what size microSD card you can buy. You can check under Options | About (will be listed as v4.xx.xxx). Look at the chart at the following link to see what size you can obtain - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461

On the BlackBerry go into Options | Media Card. Recommended media settings are as follows:

Media Card support : ON
Encryption Mode : NONE
Mass Storage Support : ON
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected : YES

Mass Storage mode allows your BlackBerry to act as an extra drive when connected to your PC. So it will show up as an extra drive letter in Windows Explorer. So you can just drag/drop media files onto your media card

Or if you use ITunes, you can you the Media Sync to synchronize with the device. Read up about that here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp#tab_tab_overview
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TJJJJM
My Device: Sprint. Blacberry Curve 8330

Help!!! I have trouble transferring from Blackbery curve 8330 to my roxia media manager

Geez,   when I first had my blackberry curve 8330, it was a 4.3 , and I  had no trouble transferring pictures from the device to the Roxia Media manager via the Blackberry Desktop Manager version 4.3  

Now, I updated my BB to a 4.5  and updated the Desktop Manager to 4.5 , now I can't even transfer the pictures from the BB to the roxia media manager. it kept saying " Therre are no media files in this folder that matches the filter settings.  To change the filter settings, click the filter for media type button".   I cant even find the filter settings on the Roxia media manager.  So I feel awfully frustrated.   Perhaps I should downgrade the desktop down to the 4.3?  Any advicew would be appreciated. 

Also how do I find the folder where I saved the MMS  pictures?  I tried click on the "show hidden folder" but no luck.  Thanks in advance.

---- Mary Ellen
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help!!! I have trouble transferring from Blackbery curve 8330 to my roxia media manager

Read this link.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_add_media_files_to_my_microSD_card%3F

Basically, scrap the Roxio software, enable Mass Storage on your device, and copy the files from your PC.

Instructions in the link.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TJJJJM

are you saying I should delete the Desktop Manager altogether?

Im so glad you responded very quickly as Im so desperate....   when you say basically scrap the Roxio media manager, are you implying I should delete the desktop manager as well?  If not how do I do so?

I did enable the mass storage,  Media card support  ON

encryption mode OFF

mass storage mode support  ON

auto enable mass storage when connectede YES

and when connected  i have this message " the media card is not available because mass storage mode is currently in use"  !!!   yikes! 

NOW WHAT

---- Mary Ellen
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re: are you saying I should delete the Desktop Manager altogether?

Don't open Desktop Manager or the Roxio software.

Follow the instructions in the link above...

connect the BB to the USB to the PC.

Then, on the PC, open My Computer > and look for the "BlackBerry" removable drive, usually drive e, f or g

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TJJJJM

its the other way around

Hey I asked how to transfer my pictures FROM my blackberry curve 8330  TO my PC  so i can free up memory in my BB.

You gave me advice on the other way around.....  

thanks....

---- Mary Ellen
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re: its the other way around

It works in both directions :smileyvery-happy:

I am guessing you have not yet complete read the directions or follow the instructions in that link, nor my post above.

It will work. Be comforted, it will work in both directions.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TJJJJM

the link you sent me says to FORMAT the media card?

Gee Im afraid to format the media card as per se the instruction in the link you sent me.  won't that erase all the pictures I have on both the media and the device memory?

---- Mary Ellen
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re: the link you sent me says to FORMAT the media card?

TJJJJM wrote:

Gee Im afraid to format the media card as per se the instruction in the link you sent me.  won't that erase all the pictures I have on both the media and the device memory?

Mary Ellen,

The link I placed above has nothing in it all about formatting the media card... I have not recommended that.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.