Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

jihnxar
My Device: Not Specified

how do you send a picture text message

I took a picture and i want to text it to someone, anyone know how to do this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rstire300

Re: how do you send a picture text message

When you go into your text messaging icon, open up your menu and select compose mms message. Then open your menu again and select attach picture. Your picture should now be attached and you can also text in the message field. Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

another way is to browse your picturse, find the one you want to send, hit menu key and select "send by MMS". Then you choose the recipient and type your text.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
sk0rpius

i was wondering the same when my sprint 8330 didnt give me the option......to no avail, mms is not supported on the BB phones on the sprint network. Customer service told me that BB doesnt support "sprint picture mail" at this time. So the only option I have is through email...

If anyone knows of ways around this or a tweak or "hack" for this let me know.

Other than that this is the first BB i have owned and only had it for a week now and im hooked, never will I stray from a BB. Its a shame that a phone that can do so much is not able to send MMS over the sprint network....oh well thats my only complaint, everything else works great!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

sk0rpius wrote:

i was wondering the same when my sprint 8330 didnt give me the option......to no avail, mms is not supported on the BB phones on the sprint network. Customer service told me that BB doesnt support "sprint picture mail" at this time.

Hello,

that is so untrue ! Carrier Sprint refuses MMS. Blackberry devices can all send & receive MMS. If you read my previous answer, I talk about sending to yourself the picture ; I tried right before writing my answer. So that perfectly works on a carrier other than Sprint.

sk0rpius wrote:
If anyone knows of ways around this or a tweak or "hack" for this let me know.
Bad carrier, change carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
sk0rpius

yeah i figured that was a bunch of BS they were feeding.....I was hoping the 4.5 OS would change things but sprint wont get off their lazy rears and release it with their software...lol
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

it is not a software problem from sprint. It is a server problem from sprint. you can't do SMS, whether you're on Blackberry, Motorola or Samsung.

Please use plain text.
mlbrox

[ Edited ]
I have a blackberry curve 8330 with sprint as my provider and I was able to send picture messages. At first I didnt think I was able to send picture messages but I called tech support and they said to restart my phone. they were thinking that maybe i needed a fresh connection with the tower and so I tried that and as soon as my phone came on, all my pic messages sent right away. So, when in doubt... RESTART! lol!
Message Edited by mlbrox on 08-26-2009 03:45 PM
Please use plain text.
Tommytuba95
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

How exactly did you do that? Turn it off and then back on? Or is it alot more complex than that?

Please use plain text.
Deadfox
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same issue. I Don't know if this is how it was fixed but i turned on the data service and it al of a sudded it gave me the option. I still can't send pictures but I'll figure it out. At least give me the option to send the MMS message. One step closer... Also see if you even have picture messaging on your phone providers website or call them. I reccomend calling. And see if you have the service blocked on whatever website. That's what happened to me I'm pretty sure.

Please use plain text.