Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

how to delete an existing blackberry email

hi there,

i'm gonna try to explain this as much as i can...

i have a blackberry that i received from someone, and when i tried to create a blackberry internet account it says that this blackberry is registered with another provider, and i read somewhere that i need to ask RIM to delete it from whereever its stored...

please advise...

also, if i create a BB email address (means: something that looks like <user@BB.net>) can i forward emails from exchange to that address and i will see it on my phone??

thanks a lot in advance to all the helpers...

Roy.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: how to delete an existing blackberry email

for the previous user, you have to contact your carrier and tell them that the device is not stolen. if it does not work, then you will have to contact the previous owner so that they can call the carrier.

for your exchange email, you can do a setup to get your emails through Outlook web access.
If OWA is not available at your company, you can set a forward rule within Outlook, something like "for any incoming message, forward a copy to user@bb.net address"

then you can receive your mails inside your Blackberry. But you won't be able to answer them with your exchange email.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: