Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Sherin_Marina
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: from dubai

how to get back all the contacts in the phone memory?

Recently my BB 8520 ...shows "uncaught exception error 38" something immediately after it is switched on and then it gets switched off.. I wonder whats wrong with it... I'm too worried coz i got all my contacts saved in the phone memory and not in the sim card...and plus most of my passwords are saved in my phone. Can somebody help me out? What am i supposed to do coz i dont really want to throw away my phone because its my first phone!  :smileysad: 

plz let me know asap ...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: how to get back all the contacts in the phone memory?

Hello Sherin_Marina

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try to Boot your device on same mode , If you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully !

If you have then, On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Application > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If you're able to boot your device on safe mode then connect your device and first do a backup of using Desktop Software 

Sherin_Marina wrote:

I'm too worried coz i got all my contacts saved in the phone memory and not in the sim card...

Saving contacts on our SIM card is in my view is a good idea because ..Copying contact list from your device to a Sim Card is a lengthy process and SIM contacts will ONLY contain one phone number per contact entry. Our BlackBerry  Address Book will have a different arrangement with one Contact Name and several fields of information (Cell phone, Work Phone, Home Phone, email address, etc.) if you want to do it that way than you had to do one by one , so the best option will be to sync with your BB Desktop Software ,Have a look at this article reaging backup , I'm sure it will help you a lot for any future courses How To Backup Your BlackBerry

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.