Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

starry212
My Device: curve 8520

how to remove vodafone certificate please help

hi can someone please help me

i bought a blackberry curve 8520 two weeks ago

i bought it with a vodacom sim card and they insisted i insert the sim in store

now i want to use my MTN sim card but its refusing to work properly

i noticed in the certificates section that" Vodafone Operator Domain" is there and when i try to revoke the certificate or delete it it refuses to go away

also how do i load a mtn certificate?

can someone please tell me how to remove this vodacom from the phone?

please help me

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how to remove vodafone certificate please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You have many hurdles to surmount to get this to work, and it may never do so.

1) The BB must be capable of running on that carriers network. I do not know if your 8520 can function on the MTN network or not.You need to find out the network technology (e.g., GSM, frequency, etc.) that they (MTN) run on and then check the specs of your 8520 to be sure it can use those.

2) The BB must be unlocked from it's original carrier:

3) You must get the carrier (MTN) to allow that specific device onto their network. The carriers own their networks and have the right to decide what devices they will allow on it.

4) If you wish BB-level data services, then you must get VodaCom to fully release your BB PIN from their system. Then, you must have an adequate data plan from MTN...a generic data plan won't be adequate, only a BB level data plan will give you all BB-level functions:

5) Even with all of the above, you still require receipt to the BB of the proper Service Books to enable the services you subscribe to. The carrier delivers those to the device when it properly registers to their network. But, typically the carriers only deliver the SBs to devices that exactly match the model numbers that they support on their network. On the offical download portal, I can't tell which VodaCom and which MTN you are asking about, so I can't tell you if MTN even supports your 8520. But, you can check for yourself here:

Just find the proper MTN and click them. If it allows you to next select a BB model, then if your 8520 is on their list, then you may be OK. If it's not on their list, then you have greater challenges ahead. There is a process to attempt to extract SBs from a functioning (on that network) BB and import them to your BB, but I honestly think you'd be best off seeing if they can help you at the shop rather than trying to do it alone.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code