Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: curve 8520

i can't set up my email's or use any social networking apps on my phone even though i have the blackberry data plan on my account, can you help?

HI!

please help! i have just started using my blackberry again. originaly my servise plan was for a htc but i have now changed my service plan with orange so it has the blackberry service plan on it. i have double checked on my online account with orange and it has been updated so i assumed i would be able to set up my email accounts on my blackberry as usual with no problems BUT i cant do anything, i cant even regester my phone with blackberry it keeps asking me to regester my host routing table which i have done. it says the register email has been sent but nothing has happened. i have taken my battery out to see if it will update but still nothing?!? when using the email set up it had the BBES option but not the option to set up my personal emails. 

please help me resolve this! 

D x

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: i can't set up my email's or use any social networking apps on my phone even though i have the blackberry data plan on my account, can you help?

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delay in reply...hopefully you already have your answer, but just in case!

As you know, if you cannot populate the HRT, then nothing else is of use...that is the first step to receiving services from your carrier, and without that nothing else will function. But, it is a challenge between your BB and your carrier network...hence you need to contact them for formal support as they are the only ones who can look "behind the scenes" to determine what is wrong.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code