Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

bhebeghieanne
My Device: curve 8520

i can't use my BBM

help guys I can't use my BBM it's not working also facebook and twitter

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i can't use my BBM

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natasha1901
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi there, I don't have a data plan, but I got the BBM as a freeby when I got my BB and new plan (not a data plan) from FIDO. I was not required to purchase a data plan. I can't add any contacts that use bbm either.. It's so frustrating. They go into infinite "pending authorization" status. They don't receive any invites and neither do I when they try to add me. Adding by scanning the barcode doesn't  work either. Sorry, but I'm so sick of my blackberry! Besides all the other problems I've had with my BB, I only ever managed to add one contact to my BBM... some freebie!! If you have any suggestions that would be great, before I give up altogether.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

natasha1901 wrote:

Hi there, I don't have a data plan, but I got the BBM as a freeby when I got my BB .

No, you obviously don't have BBM as a freebie. You MUST have a data plan which supports BlackBerry Internet Services. BBMessenger requires the data plan.

natasha1901 wrote:

I can't add any contacts that use bbm either.. It's so frustrating. They go into infinite "pending authorization" status. They don't receive any invites and neither do I when they try to add me. Adding by scanning the barcode doesn't  work either.

Those ^^ in red are the obvious tell tell signs.

natasha1901 wrote:

I'm so sick of my blackberry! Besides all the other problems I've had with my BB, I only ever managed to add one contact to my BBM... some freebie!! If you have any suggestions that would be great, before I give up altogether.

I'd be sick of my car too, if I never put fuel in the tank, but still expected it to crank and run the engine.

You need the BlackBerry data plan.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natasha1901

wrong!! It is included in my cityfido plan!! How did I use it in the past huh??? I even checked today again that I still have it and supposedly I do. Relevant and helpful replies only please. crappy analogy with the car. you assume what? that  I'm stupid?? thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natasha1901

FYI: before I get any other smart-alec comments from resident experts...read carefully

This is my calling plan, as described below. I called FIDO and they don't know how to trouble shoot BB applications. I was hoping they would.. I'm not the first person to experience bbm issues I'm sure, while using their service...

CityFido

The CityFido Unlimited plan costs $35 per month and it is available to customers living in one of ten select zones throughout Canada. Customers with this plan can make unlimited local calls inside any of CityFido's ten coverage zones and receive unlimited calls inside their local calling area, but get charged 25 cents/minute when leaving such zones or making long distance calls without a long distance package. This plan also includes unlimited international text messaging and, for BlackBerry users, unlimited BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) service.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

What's your signal indicator?

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
JSanders

natasha1901 wrote:

FYI: before I get any other smart-alec comments from resident experts...read carefully

You go through life like this?

You're a happy person living like that?

I was trying to help. IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT INFORMATION to your issue, it's very helpful if you post it.

From every indication, your statements indicated you DO NOT HAVE A PLAN which includes BlackBerry Messenger (other than your claiming you get it for "free", which it's not).

So, back you helping you, if you can keep your ego in check:

1. On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
  2. What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

If you just want to thrash about, call Fido. You have a contract with them which INCLUDES technical support for your BlackBerry, EVEN if they say they don't know, you need to demand they help you and escalate the issue to RIM level tech support.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natasha1901

I am not thrashing it out. I am simply not taking your BS. Your reply to me the first time was extremely rude!! You were basically calling me stupid (like the analogy with the car, and your other comments implying that I'm just imagining having bbm but I don't really have it because I don't pay extra for a data plan??)  You are being rude and sarcastic.. but I'm the unhappy one????? Really?? And now you're insulting me again!!!! Without having the facts.

And you did not read my reply. Yes, I know, I do not have the data plan that you are referring to, but I do have it in my service as provided. And I did call FIDO (not just once), and I will call them again. I went to the FIDO store, and it was equally unhelpful. I was hoping someone here can help me. As of now, the last pers But I'm not taking **bleep**. DO NOT REPLY TO ME AGAIN if you are just going to insult me. This is unbelievable!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natasha1901

SIgnal indicator, as in signal strength? all my bars are there and WiFi is enabled (if that matters). Thanks!

Please use plain text.