Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

darylgrace
My Device: blackberry curve

Re: i forgot my security password what can ...

[ Edited ]

hi i forgot my pasword on my BLACKEBRRY CURVE and i  want to know if WILL IT STILL LET ME IN EVEN THOUGH I FORGOT MY PASSWORD? AND HOw CAN I RECOVER IT?? I NEED HELP NOW

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

darylgrace wrote:

hi i forgot my pasword on my BLACKEBRRY CURVE and i  want to know if WILL IT STILL LET ME IN EVEN THOUGH I FORGOT MY PASSWORD? AND HOw CAN I RECOVER IT?? I NEED HELP NOW

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Based on what you have posted, ALL information you need is already in this thread; please scroll up and read. If you are looking for a way to bypass the password you created, there is none...BBs are the most secure mobile devices available...but the success of that security depends on the human component...there is no bypass.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900

you must backup data which can be to backup, then reinstall your blackberry OS
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

moniko17 wrote:

Correction -- if the user does not know the device lock password that they created, then they will be unable to do as you have instructed. The backup process requires entering, on the PC keyboard, the BB device lock password. It cannot be bypassed.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ditto, sdgardne.

moniko17 wrote:

This is incorrect information and bad advice for the user asking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
lakshniday
My Device: 9300

forgot my password enter 5 time and saying enter blackberry to continue what to do
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lakshniday wrote:
forgot my password enter 5 time and saying enter blackberry to continue what to do

Your situation is the same...the human component of the high security of the BB is a critical component. At this stage, you must enter BlackBerry and it should also start displaying your password "in the clear" to give you some aid in typing it correctly.

If you have no idea what your password is, there is no hope...there is no bypass.

If you know how to otherwise type your password (e.g., you are failing on the device keyboard, but know how to enter it via the PC keyboard when connected via USB), then do that other method now...the counter is the same regardless of password entry method.

If you have adequate attempts left, then you could try a batt-pull reboot to see if your keyboard is perhaps somehow stuck in some invalid entry mode.

If you think you know your password, but may be confused about the method of entry, then see it is possible that you've got a mixture of different characters in your device password, and perhaps have not noticed how you must enter those on the BB keyboard. For instance, if you think your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

On your BB, when you type your password, you should get just a moment where each character is shown in the clear before it changes to an *. Watch closely the next time and you may see a surprising result. It will be those exact characters that you must type on your PC keyboard as that's actually your password.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
JackSenior
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Blackberry password

What will exactly happen to my phone if it is wiped? :Helpsmilie:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: Blackberry password

JackSenior wrote:

What will exactly happen to my phone if it is wiped? :Helpsmilie:

This:

• KB16307 Actions performed by the BlackBerry smartphone during the removal of stored user and application data

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
JackSenior
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Re: Blackberry password

ok thanks I have forgot my password will that wipe do the same thing as the sercurity wipe? Also i have heard about somthing called a jvm 513 error. Thanks