Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
konsr
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: 1
Accepted Solution

i forgot my security password what can ...

HEEEELP......i forgot my security password that the cellphone asks for unlocking the keypad what can i do in order not to lose all my informaton.i've tried 4times to put the password and its incorrect,i have a last try baut then it says that all the info will be erased.Is there a way to backup or unlock it..?I also tried wth  the cd to backup but i can't because it needs the password.

ps.my cellphone is blackberry 8900

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: i forgot my security password what can ...

Hi there!

A bad situation. BBs are designed secure. There is no backdoor password. There is no way for anyone to tell you your password. Quite simply, once you exceed the maximum number of allowed failed attempts, your BB will wipe clean. There is no way to avoid it. You are about to migrate from the latter to the former of this statement:

• There are two kinds of computing device users: Those who have lost data, and those who will.

Backups are not a reactive activity -- they are preventive. And you have already lost your chance to prevent your data loss.

Sorry.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
konsr

thanx...for the help...i'm from greece nad there'sno technical support here...ccan i ask something else...the last 2 days...when i put the password it didn't appearon screen with stars but with numbers...my password was in numbers but in this situation how can i be aware of the fact that the cellphone used either letters or numbers for the password..since at the begginning stars had appeared on screen?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It is common for users to assume they are inputting a number, when they are actually inputting an alpha character.

For example, if you "thought" your password was 1234, it could actually be "1ers"

because you only held down the ALT key on the first character.

Make sense?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
konsr

thanx a lot i'll check it...

Please use plain text.
gumanchoudhary
My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I remember the password but it is not accepting the password. Previsously when I used to enter the password, it got converted to star but now they remain as alphabets visible on screen. I have entered the password more than 25times but I am unable to unlock it. Pls let me know how do I unlock it as I am ready to loose the data.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

gumanchoudhary wrote:

I remember the password but it is not accepting the password. Previsously when I used to enter the password, it got converted to star but now they remain as alphabets visible on screen. I have entered the password more than 25times but I am unable to unlock it. Pls let me know how do I unlock it as I am ready to loose the data.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

After a certain number of tries (by default, 5 I think), the BB shifts to clear text when you type the password as an aid to help you enter the proper code.

But, 25 attempts? I'm not aware of any BB that allows more than 10 before it wipes clean. Very odd...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nix1929
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2

I LOVE YOU. seriously, no joke at all. right now, you are my favourite person in the world! I was on my last attempt, and if I had got it wrong then would have wiped my entire phone, so I tried what you said and it worked! I owe you my sanity, muchos gracias :smileyvery-happy: x

Please use plain text.
pipe99chumby
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Tmobile

Thank yooooou! This helped me... but what actually happened to me is that i LOCKED the ALT option by pressing ALT + aA.... My password was uiop and it turned in _-+@ ..... Thank you. My case is an example that should help someone! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

pipe99chumby wrote:

Thank yooooou! This helped me... but what actually happened to me is that i LOCKED the ALT option by pressing ALT + aA.... My password was uiop and it turned in _-+@ ..... Thank you. My case is an example that should help someone! 

Great, glad this helped you out.

Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.