Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sasha212
My Carrier: vodafone

i need help with my bb curve 8520 urgently

my blackberry was low on battery so i plugged the charger into it but it wouldnt charge, so i took the battery out of the phone, put it back in then put it back on charge to see if it had made a difference, the phone wouldnt turn on but came up with a red light which lasted 30 seconds then went out, my phone hasnt turned on since and the red light doesnt come on now even if i take the battery out and put it back in, can some one help please? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i need help with my bb curve 8520 urgently

Attempt to start your 8520 in Safe Mode as described below.

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications and delete any third party themes or applications.

And then, restart in normal mode.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasha212

i cant do this as the led red light doesnt even appear anymore, it seems like it has no life in it at all

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're taking the battery out, putting it back and following the procedure to press and hold the escape key?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasha212

yes im taking the battery out and putting it back in and following what you told me to do, but the red light isnt appearing anymore, and hasnt appeared since the day after it stopped working

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Try this, please"

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Additional information:
Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasha212

when i go to step 4, it doesnt give me any options in the drop down menu, do you know why this might be?. and will this procedure work even if my phone does not turn on?, or does my phone have to turn on for this to all work?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasha212

do you think it could be some thing wrong with the connector in the phone that the charger goes into, or maybe i need a new battery, i had to buy one a couple of months ago because it had overheated and my phone wouldnt turn on, but the battery had grow conciderably and the back of my phone wouldnt fit on properly anymore, there isnt any sign of this so im not sure if its the same problem or not, what do you think?

Please use plain text.