Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

fifejim
My Device: 8310

internet not working

Hi my girlfriend had an 8310 older style blackberry. When she upgraded to a newer phone I took the one she was using as I am builder and like to use older phones as they get damamged easily at work. When she had the phone it worked fine and she was able to access the internet, facebook etc. Since we have taken her sim out and put my sim in it will no longer do that. I have called my provider (vodafone) and they registered me with the blackberry internet service and took the money from my account, they sent me the settings I need and told me to take the battery out of my  phone for  a while and then put it back in which I have done, but the internet still won't work. I called them back and they spoke me through all manner of things including changing from my network provider signal and then back to theirs, but nothing has worked. It just keeps saying your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.Also when I connect the phone to my laptop the blackberry desktop software can recognise the phone, but when I try to enter my password it keeps saying it's wrong even though i know it's not as it's the one I use to unlock the phone. Please can anyone help. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: internet not working

Hello fifejim, 

Welcome to the forums. 

If you unlock your BlackBerry® with a password of 123456 try using the corresponding letters when it is connected to the desktop software. So for example 123456 would be wersdf.  Regarding the browser not working try registering your device on the network by following the steps in this article. 

"Device is not registered" on the BlackBerry smartphone

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.