Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Slj-84
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

java.lang error

This is the second time I've been having "java" errors. With this new "java error" I can't open my mail and messages. Once the phone is rebooted I struggle to insert my password and the phone freezes.

I tried updating and it keeps saying that the software update is current.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: java.lang error

Hello Slj-84

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Most Often those errors are are related to any application that you had Installed on your device Or device OS itself, On your Homescreen if you hold alt key and type lglg it will show you those event log, you have to scroll down to see this error and with which application it is related Deleting that application may fix this error. Or first do a backup of your device then delete any third party aplication from your device one at a time and see if that error disappear.

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

If that fails then you have to Updating / Reloading your device OS  which will fix this error.to do that refer to this Knowledge Base after a proper device backup  :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After Reload , Check your device if error cease .If so  then proceed with a selective restore , restore only your contacts , calendar entries , memos etc . for a day don't install any 3rd party apps . If error cease completely then you can install one application at a time . It will let you know if any app is the culprit.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.