Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: keyboard malfunction and being ignored

Chloe, let's be honest here, you're upset with BlackBerry, and we are users just like you, we like to help users out.

If you're mad at BlackBerry, we are not them.

Sdgardne is one of the knowledgable BlackBerry users I know... to ask him if he owns a BlackBerry when it is clearly stated in his profile beside each of his posts in every thread is somewhat of an insult and clearly indicates that one might not be reading everything in this thread.

Finally, from the issue you describe, it's a moisture issue with the keyboard and trackpad. It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.
Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath, in a humid gym or a sweaty face, can cause keyboard and trackball problems UNTIL properly dried out. It really is more common than you think.
1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.
2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)
3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).
4. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.

Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):
*Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.
*On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor
*On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chloexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: o2

you said that i havent been reading the thread,but i beg to differ as we made a new thread and sorted it out. in the end it resulted in me taking it in yet again....and the man said to me that blackberrys are completley useless which i cant argue with, he said that nothing could fix it and i showed him the answers you gave me and he said that wouldnt work as it was a malfuncition in making...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chloexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: o2

and funny enough i dont think leaving your phone on display in a car window for 5 days is the best idea....

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]
chloexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, well, y'all are mistaken. I've seen too many moist devices revived this way.

If the device has been in high humidty or moisture as described above, doing so is a dang good idea. But if O2 is willing to continue to replace them for you, that's good also.

Good luck, you're in good shape.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Hello again, chloexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, with everything, here is how I would deduce the situation.

You have received 3 opinions...one from myself, one from JSanders, and another from the person at the shop you are dealing with (note carefully that I do not consider that person's opinion to be anyone's but their own...I cannot conclude that their opinion is identical to everyone in their shop nor everyone affiliated with the carrier with which they are affiliated). Each of these are, very importantly, opinions -- and, therefore, neither right nor wrong.

But, in evaluating the opinions, one thing I might take into consideration is the economic motivations. I know 100% that neither I nor JSanders have any economic motivation in this situation. But, the person at the shop you are working with might have such a motivation. I do not know their compensation structure, but one could perhaps theorize that the profit they make on BB devices is less than other devices...which could perhaps lead to bias.

In any event, you have chosen to agree with the opinion of the person at the shop you are dealing with. That is a perfectly valid choice for you to make...again, there was no right nor wrong here.

Good luck and I hope that this situation is finally and permanently resolved for you. If not, then it might be time for you to further accept that shop persons opinion, and abandon BB altogether. Again, a perfectly valid choice to make.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.