Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Julius27
My Device: Curve9300

keyboeard locked, only non-numeric

The keyboard of my blackberry curve9300  seems to be locked, the number keys are working but the keys on the right side like T YU I O P, G J H K L are not reacting anymore, a bit sad since I have to unlock my blackberry (didnt use it for over 30 min) using some keys on that side  for my password.....

I took the battery out, did not help. Got my simcard out and than all the keys worked!! But when putting the simcard back in, it asks again for my password.....

Would it help if I change my password with the sim card out? using keys on the leftside only? I have only 1 password-attempt left due to some try&error.
But I think that I somewhere locked part of the keyboard(since it works without a simcard) and need to find an unlocking-key. I could not find it anywhere on the web or manuals.

Anyone a clue?   Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clober
My Device: curve 9300

Re: keyboeard locked, only non-numeric

I have the same problem Please HELP !!!
Please use plain text.
laci34
My Device: Curve 8520

I have the same problem.
Has anybody found the solution in the meantime? I have only one attempt left to log in :-(
Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Julius27
My Device: Curve9300

I solved my problem, I could not enter and use my phone as my password used keys which were blocked. I got the simcard out, put an other simcard in. Strange enough, all the keys worked, In that way I could enter my phone, go to the settings and change my password and made a new password using keys which were not blocked. I put in the original simcard and got it restarted because I had a password using keys which were still functioning. It now works fine!!  

Please use plain text.
laci34
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: keyboard locked, only non-numeric

Thank you for the quick response. It worked but only partly as I had a second PW to type in and then it failed. At the end I blocked my keyboard and I had to call the hotline of the service provider to get a PUK.

Anyway thank you for the help.

Regards

Please use plain text.