Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
ngreives
My Device: Not Specified

keys frozen

Help!  I cant get anything to work on my phone except the roller bar.  Even that quits working once my phone goes to sleep.  I took the battery out but that didnt seem to help.. Any thoughts?  My keyboard had started acting weird so then I took the battery out and it only got worse.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcj1

Re: keys frozen

Try connecting to PC and backing up data, then download and install handheld software, run apploader, and click advanced before finish and select erase all currently installed apps
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

An educated guess would say that your device got wet or got moisture in the keyboard.  Pull the battery and drop it in a bag of uncooked rice for a day or two. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
tkorn

Mine did the exact same thing and I have been without a Blackberry since September 4th.  I have done everything and now I am waiting for a replacement phone but they are on backorder.  If you found a solution please let me know so I can fix mine without sending it to the manufactuerer for repair

Thx

Please use plain text.
Darklighter

I am having the same problem. I wanted to try a hard reset. Where is the button?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

A hard reset is a battery pull. There is no button. Remove the battery with the phone on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace it and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot. Good luck!!
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Darklighter

That is too bad... because I did try that several times. Any other suggestions for getting my Blackberry back? The description that started this thread is exactly what is happening to me.

Dave

Please use plain text.
maskaren76

I am on my 3rd Blackberry 8330 from Sprint since 8/15/08 for freezing problems.  Just today my phone wouldn't even turn on and I lost everything.  My calendar and my contacts.  The first time they told me to just remove my battery to reset it, which "worked" but I think there is a problem here with these phones that needs some attention.  Thankfully they replaced my phone today at Sprint because I was 34 days out since my last switch, which is 4 days over for them to take a return.  I know they won't do it again and I am really afraid of what will happen with this one.
Please use plain text.
ryan81
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: alltel

I have had this same problem with my curve about once a month and it lasts about two days and then its fine for another month.I thought I was buying a good phone when I bought this phone ............I was wrong,I also know a half dozen other people who have the same problem,I would NOT recomend these phones to anyone.

Please use plain text.
msbearly
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: sprint

EVERYTHING IS FROZEN!! Like the first post said, all I can do is roll the mouseball around...at least before the phone goes idle. Once that happens, all I can do is watch the light blink at me and listen to my inaccessible texts and other alerts come up. The best is that I can receive calls, but can't answer them. This all happened while I was waiting for an EXTREMELY URGENT call for work.

I still love Blackberry, but this Curve has to go. It's only been a year. :smileysad:

Oh yeah, I tried updating, downgrading, taking the battery out, etc., but nothing NOTHING works. Going to Sprint today to see if they can help. This sucks!

Please use plain text.