Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
john06
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: metro pcs

little black clock with spinning second hand

Why does that little clock always appear every time I advance a page on the web or like just now while typing or bouncing from app to app? I have a 8530 with metro pcs and am pleased with sevice except for this (one month now)problem. Phone is ok for me-simple uses for keeping me organized- I like it,it is smart!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
john06

Re: little black clock with spinning second hand

I pulled out the battery while phone was on, and put back in after 30 seconds. Black clock still comes shows up at any time on any app,page, email etc.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi john06

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , or because of any unknown Third party application installed within our device or when our BlackBerry suffer from  low memory .Sometime A battery pull restart is enough to resolve this issue. If press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open any active webpage  when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to quick battery drainage.Please have a look at this Article I hope it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

If problem persists then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB10307 : The hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
john06

By "end key" you mean escape key? I always "X" out the pages I've read to return to my "day screen" and I cleand out:event log,unused icons,cache,etc. The link you gave me I will study,thanks-
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

john06 wrote:
By "end key" you mean escape key?

No ! Those two keys are different .

Simply clearing the Event log , Unused icons and cache will not help , please check the file free at Options > Status > what is the number at file free ? If our device undergo low memory then it may show that spining clock but sometime a bad app can also be responsible .

So go through those KB and try those suggestion , I hope it will help or let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.