Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dilina
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: dialog

.lock files on curve 8520

please can somebody tell me how to view the videos whiche were saved as 3gp.lock format?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: .lock files on curve 8520

dilina wrote:

please can somebody tell me how to view the videos whiche were saved as 3gp.lock format?

Hello dilina

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What is the format of that file, I don not find any lock format ? By any chance is it .REM ? If it is then those files are encrypted . As because you have enabled encryption within your device .

Can you try this Knowledge Base if those are .rem files :

KB31506 : How to save or copy encrypted files from the media card in a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dilina
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: dialog

those files occared while i was on video mode on camera and recording, while recording my phone went off then after switching on those videos were not there. but in the memory card those files r there as 3GP.lock files but they cant be open.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

dilina wrote:

those files occared while i was on video mode on camera and recording, while recording my phone went off then after switching on those videos were not there. but in the memory card those files r there as 3GP.lock files but they cant be open.

OK then ! There are a few Software available online which you can try to convert those file format , use you favourite search engine for this purpose , I am sure you will find one .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.