Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
CarolineRose
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: vodaphone
Accepted Solution

losing emails!

Hi!

Over the last two weeks my curve has been deleting my received emails after about 24 hours. They are not being deleted from the server though. Recieved messages prior to a fortnight ago are still on my phone. I have had this curve for a year now and never had this issue before. I have not changed any of my settings either. Have tried rebooting by taking out the battery but that has not sorted the issue

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: losing emails!

Hello CarolineRose

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

To keep your messages for a longer peroid make sure that setting is correct and set to maximum period .For that :

On your Home screen Click Message Icon > Menu Key > Options > Message Display and Actions > Change the Days To Keep Messages field and then save.

KB13093 : How to use the Keep Messages Option on the BlackBerry Smartphone

In addition if our Device undergo Low memory then also our messages may get deleted ,Have a look at this Article Of Knowledge Base :

KB14213 : Call logs, SMS text messages , and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry Smartphone

So try those Suggestion and see if that helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Thanks for getting back to me!

I am aware that emails are erased after a certain time limit - I used to have mine set for 30 days, but yesterday changed it to forever - but still all the mail I recieved yesterday have now gone.

Isn't it always the case it is the oldest messages that get deleted anyway?

As for erasing because of low memory space - two things; i do have a lot of free memory and again is not always old messages that get erased rather than new ones?

I have now started saving mails I do not want to lose from my curve - but as have only been doing this today will have to find out tomorrow is they have!!

It is a pain to have to remember to do that all the time, if it does work, any other ideas please?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Could it be a virus causing this problem?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello CarolineRose

There are no know virus till date which can affect our BlackBerry Devices.As for your case it seems Odd ,I have seen users who's older emails or text message were lost just because of incorrect setting or because of low memory.But in your case your recent messages are deleted .I think you need to recheck your setting and if that does not help then hesitation you can reload your device OS to rule out any software issue.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Thanks for getting back to me

Well glad it is not a virus! And typical that I would have an odd problem!

Have rechecked my settings and they are as I have had them all along.

Sorry to have to ask, how would I go about reloading the OS?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello CarolineRose

Before Going for a Clean relaod of your device Software please Do you Backup first.Then perform a Clean Reload Of your Device Software.

KB12487  :How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Then :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

I hope it will help to resolve your issue.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Thank you!!

Seems to have resolved using these KBs! Will know for sure tomorrow if today's mail stay but seems to have kept those recieved from after the reload had been done.

Thank you again!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello CarolineRose

You are most Welcome...and I hope that problem never appear but yes I will also wait for your update till tomorrow to make sure that the problem has been fixed.

Good Luck  !

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

HI Prince

A confession  and to report another problem!

On Sunday I intalled the softwear on my laptop and carried out the back up. My curve was then updated and thi seemed to sort the problem with not saving emails.

Last night I noticed it was again deleting new emails so i have now completed the clean reload.

And of course have now lost all my contacts, texts and emails! Though have managed to reset my email account to the curve.

And I now cannot open the softwear on my laptop to reconcile my data.

Help again!

Many thanks for your time - 

Please use plain text.