Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: losing emails!

Hello CarolineRose

Sorry for the problem you are facing again ! Are you not able to open BB Desktop software or it is not allowing you to restore your Contact from the BackUp. If its not allowing then On your device turn off wirless synchronization of your address book and then try to restore your Contacts.

And again for you losing emails I again suggest this Knowledge Base and please re check your Settings :

KB11328 : Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone. 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose
My Carrier: vodaphone

Oh dear,

Think this may be a user error this time.

When I did the back up, i cannot have done it correctly as there appears to be no contacts list saved. When i ask to synch it is just synched all the ones that I added today.

Will just go back to the old fashioned way of gathering in my contacts!!

Sorry!

Hopefully emails will stay now - if any problem will be back in touch

Thanks again for all you help and advice

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Hi again

Have managed to retrive my contacts list, texts and emails by using restore.

I do hope this is correct - and hopefully emails will stay. Though have lost todays messages, but was warned this may happen!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello CarolineRose

Its good that you are able to Retrieve your Conatacts ,text and email back to your device.Please use BlackBerry  Protect its free , Safe and easy to use it always helps on situations like this. So you lost todays message by the way who warned you that it may happen.

Also Go through the KB I suggested I hope it will help.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Hello again Prince

The good news first - phone seems fine and all emails are staying! Yipee!

But now.... I can not send emails as either replies or originating from my BB. Can write them by then only have the option to save as drafts

I have had a look at other problems and solutions on here and found out that i needed to register again with  wireless, which I have now done and received an acknowledgment email. And now have the send option back again

Have tried to send a couple of emails to test and they are not sending but are coming up with 'Transaction error - failure at service' message.

I have also noticed I have two email icons on my home screen now - one is labelled messages, as per before the reload  and the other has my email account address labelling it. All my new emails from last night and today are only showing up in the messages list.

Have tried sending from both, but not working from either.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

And to answer your question _ when I restored my data using the BB software on my laptop, just before it did a restore a message flashed up to say that I may lose data already on device. No worries there though

And what is a Blackberry Protect?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hello CarolineRose

O.K regarding good news I am also exited to hear that atleast now your device is not deleting your recent Emails:smileyhappy:

Now for the problem in sending emails first please try this suggestion in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back.

After performing those steps see if you are able to send mails.If you are still unable to send then delete you email account perform a battery pull restart then re-configure your email account again. then check again. 

Regarding your concern about email icons ,you will have seperate email icons for each of your configured email accounts .

Regarding BlackBerry Protect it provides a convenient way to wirelessly back up and restore device data.You can use BlackBerry Protect to back up contacts, calendar entries, memos, tasks, text messages, browser bookmarks, Password Keeper entries and Wi-Fi  profiles. You can set BlackBerry Protect to back up your data regularly.BlackBerry Protect can restore data to the same device (for example, when you want to recover data that you have deleted) or to a different device (for example, when you need to replace a lost device with a new one.To know more about BlackBerry Protect look at this Help Blog Article : Introducing BlackBerry Protect

So please perform those above steps and let us know your results.One last thing this error " Transaction error -failure at service " is generally appear when you are roaming outside your country and you don't have a roaming services. I hope you are on your own country  So check your TimeZone ( Home screen - Clock - press menu - options - Home Time Zone - make sure it is correct.)

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

hI

Thanks again!

Should i have waited the 20 mins or so mentioned in the email account info email I received after sending the service book BEFORE I did the battery pull?

Anyway, things seem to be OK, can now originate and reply to emails. But will see what tomorrow brings! 

one thing though I still not cannot reply to mails I recieved before i carried out these steps. Would that be normal?

By the way am in the UK and have been here all along! And phone is set correctly!

And will look at the Blackberry Protect!

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi CarolineRose

Once we recieve Confirmation or Registration message from our network provider we can perform the Battery pull restart,most important is that registration message .

You can perform those above steps whenever you feel any problem with your services ,it refreshes our Service books within our device.

I personally insist you that you should use BlackBerry Protect, RIM has provided this option and you should also take advantage of that because its for your safety regarding your device data.

So I hope your problem resolves :smileyhappy: Good Luck !

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CarolineRose

Hello again!

After having a day of thinking all emails safe now,all my mails from today have vanished in the last half an hour.  This happened as aoon as I viewed them on my laptop, if that sheds any light, though cannot see how it would affect the emails! Though the last few days are stiil on the device.

Will again go through all the steps you suggested - including erasing the email account and setting up again. And will let you know what happens

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.