Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
sferrari
My Device: Curve 8900

lost contacts on new phone

hello to all

I used desktop manager 7 to transfer from 8100 to 8520 and most all went over to the new device i followed all the steps and even did it 2 times ...however, the phone book contacts didn´t move to the new phone

i hav followed many suggestions on the forums with no luck.

there are no ipd files since june, only bbb files and I need the recent contacts.

i have a folder on pc with windows contacts with all of phone contacts.

i cant get them on the 8520 and I cant get the desktop manager for the 8520 to even activate contacts. It is uninabled.

what can i do to get the contacts from 8100 or desktop manager or windows contacts over to the 8520?

please help me. as you can imagine this is a critical situation.

steven ferrari

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: lost contacts on new phone

Hi sferrari

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Our Contacts are stored on Device memory  and if you have your old device with you then you can try Device Switch wizard using BlackBerry desktop Software to move all data from your old device to the new one . Look at this Knowledge base :

KB23677 : How to Switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sferrari
My Device: Curve 8900

I will try again but I did this twice. Maybe I missed something or left out some step. Everything moved but contacts. The bbm contacts moved as did media, not the contacts. And when I try to back up across phones contacts don't move. If I try to sync the contact box is unavailable -- disactivated. As I said I will try again
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

Hi sferrari

If Contacts are there on your old device then it will transfer ,So try it again and see if it works.

Prince

__________________________________________________________________________________

Please use plain text.