Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lisahall89
My Carrier: US Cellular

lost my contacts

I updated my blackberry curve today and it was supposed to back up my contacts and it didn't so I lost all of them... what can I do??

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: lost my contacts

How did you update the device?  Did you use Desktop Manager?  If so, then the backup process made a backup and likely stored it in your My Documents folder.  It would be named Loaderbackup-(today's date).ipd.  Use that file to restore your address book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lisahall89
My Carrier: US Cellular

I tried to open that file and it would not open...

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

You have to use Desktop Manager >Restore to restore that file. You can't open it by itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.