Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone italia

maximum number of emails on server

hi I have since months following situation :

bb 9300 on vodafon italy

some email accounts working ok

one email account worked ok until two months ago

now when I validate it , it remians validated for few seconds and then I recieve an email on bb only , "Action required : emails not trasnferred to device . Please configure IMAP for all messages on your account and then validate the account on your device".

account not working is a gmail account, it has enabled IMAP, an it has approx 500 emails in inbox and approx 25000 email in overall

with the vodafone support we :

- reset sim card

- tested gmail configuration

- removed battery

- reset device

- put sim card in other device - same problem

- configured anorher gmail account with same config and it works ok

for me this is the primary email and it is very important to have it working

any hint or idea ?

thank you in advance

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: maximum number of emails on server

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Apologies for the delay in reply...hopefully you already have solved this, but just in case...

Please refer to this KB:

• KB10305 Unable to receive email messages from an associated IMAP email account

Cause 7 may be useful!

I also tried searching for KBs that discuss mailbox size limits...yours is quite large, and may well exceed those limits. Unfortunately, my searching was not successful...but you may be more lucky:

If you can find no values for this, you might try reducing the total number of emails in that mailbox to see if you can discover what the limit is. GMail accounts are tricky as they technically use just one big mailbox and no folders or anything, but rather flags to identify sorting and segregation of messages...but technically they all are in one place, just displayed differently. Hence, having so many messages there may be the cause of your issues.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.