If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
sniper8752
My Device: Not Specified

media sync

if i sync with BlackBerry Media Sync, for my music, will it add the songs a second time? or will it just add the songs that are not yet on my bb?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sniper8752

Re: media sync

can somebody please answer this?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Media synch should not add the same songs twice if you sync it again. The way it works is that you can sync playlists to the phone and if you add/remove songs from the synchronized playlists, the software will add/remove songs from the bb to match your playlist.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sniper8752

ok, so i synced it, and it made duplicates of most of the songs! why is this happening!?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

sniper8752 wrote:
ok, so i synced it, and it made duplicates of most of the songs! why is this happening!?

There is a KB article saying that items may be duplicated if you have both iTunes and Windows Media Player that refer to the same music libraries on your computer. A resolution to this issue is given here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17354&sliceId=1&docTy...

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sniper8752

i only have itunes selected, and this is the only one that i use for my music, and so i tried deleting all files on my bb, then syncing all over again, and I am still getting duplicates of some songs!... :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

hmm...it should work fine according to the guide. The only other thing I can think is that you have duplicate songs on your computer or you have multiple playlists with the same songs in them. I'm not sure what else I can suggest to correct this problem. Otherwise it might be better just to copy and paste the files on the media card instead of using media sync. Hopefully somebody else might have some idea on this problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sniper8752

hm, ok. thanks for your help though!

anybody else having the same problems?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sapient
My Device: Bold 9000

Did you find a solution to this?

I have a BB Bold and this is happening to me as well.  I am using the DM to sync everything.  What is a bit strange is that I have two of every song.One song shows the size and the duplicate has 0 for size.  Both play.

I am using Windows Media Player as well.  No iTunes at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

----
Thank you,
Brian
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sniper8752

its only certain songs.... its not every one