Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
gm2191
My Device: Bold 9900

memory clean up problem with the curve 8520

Hi!

I bought a blackberry curve 8520 smartphone just yesterday. I was working on some settings today after which i locked my phone as usual. However, there was message which said 'automatic memory cleanup in progress. kindly wait for a few minutes.' Well i have waited for about 6 hours now but the device is still hung!!! All i can see is a white screen with a small clock like thing in the middle. I have also taken out the battery and SIM card twice and connected it to the laptop and tried using desktop manager but nothing has helped! the phone keeps going off and a red light comes on but there seems to be nothing else happening!! im in desperate need of help!!!!! I HAVE SPENT A FORTUNE ON THIS PHONE and it is absolutely BRAND NEW!!!! I have been really upset since this has happened and can't seem to get my way around this problem! :smileysad:

moreover, i went through some posts in this regard n found an article telling us to update all software n then the device might work! now i tired that too...BUT the desktop manger is asking for a 'DEVICE PASSWORD' where do i get this from??? is it same as the PIN number? will it be on the box???

im using windows VISTA as my OS for my laptop and my desktop manager is v5.0.

i realyyyy need ur helpp...please reply asap!!!! im really upset about this whole thing since its a new phone and i saved all my monthly allowances for it!!! :smileysad:

thanks a ton!!!

please i need ur help ASAP!!! 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: memory clean up problem with the curve 8520

Youy say you locked it, was it with a password?
If it is a password did you think it was numbers and not letters? Remember you have to hold alt key for numbers. The PIN on the box is a ID for the device. It has nothing to do with a device password. Just like a MAC address on a network card.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
gm2191
My Device: Bold 9900

i FINALLY got my phone to work!!! :smileyhappy:

for people who have this problem in future...follow the steps on this article and it shud work!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320#5.0

p.s. if u dont have ur device password (like i didnt have mine!) u will lose all ur data...but if u do..well then good for yu! hopefully the data shudn't get deleted!

thanks for all ur help!! :smileyhappy:

Visitor
Alexandrawr
My Device: Curve 8520

I'm having the same problem, except BlackBerry Desktop won't let my device connect because it's 'rebooting' (the white screen with the trackpad clock) :/ Help!?

pulkitg
My Device: Curve 8520

Hello Guys,

My Blackberry Curve 8530 is affected with a "continuous reboot after enabling content protection or memory cleaning", after downloading the Recovery Loader it shows this messages when I try to execute it: "Unable to disable suspend on USB". My Blackberry is useless and keeps rebooting over and over again. What can I do?