Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
martincg
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

memory problems

i am new here and need some help. i have a curve 8300. i haven been installing lots of news programs. seem i have run out of memory. i have a memory. how do i change the options so i can save the new programs to the memory card. also, everytime the memory gets low my call records and text messages are automatically deleted. how do i correct that problem? thanks
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: memory problems

Sounds like the device may be running out of memory.

Can you check under Options | Status and make note of your File Free number. Afterwards reset the device by removing the battery and 1 min and replace it and let the device reboot. After it's done check and see if your File Free Number increased.

Also do you have a lot of third part applications on the device that you don't need? If so you can do into Options | Advanced Options | Applications and delete the ones you no longer need.

All the programs go into the device memory.

When a BlackBerry gets low of memory it delets old items to make room for the newer ones.

Check out this link for other ways to free space on a BlackBerry: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

There is no option to change program installation location. This is BlackBerry default.

Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

How to qualify low memory situations on the BlackBerry smartphone

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Low memory state according to the File Free field on the Status screen

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
martincg

thanks.. very helpful info
New Contributor
martincg

thanks for all the details.. i was able to do exactly as u told me.. very good
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Glad you're back up and running. Usually it's good to be between 15MB-25MB of free space.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.