Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
omerguy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

messageing

I have a BB 8320 with 4 email accounts. 2 Yahoo; 1 BB; and 1 Gmail.  I have a folder for each.  I also have a folder "Messages".  My emails from all accounts go to the "Message" folder as well as the individual folders.  How do i stop "ALL" Messages from going to the "Message" folders and only to the individual folders?

When I receive a text message it automatically goes to the message folder even if it was sent to my BB account. I must go to the "Message" folder to view/replay to the text message.  How can I make it go to the BB email folder and not the message folder?  The person sending the message is sending it to my BB email address but is not using a blackberry so I cannot use BB message service.

Thank you, Bill 

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: messageing

By default all the emails are bound to land in the Messages folder in all the BlackBerry devices. This can't be changed. This is not taking any additional memory as the messages can be viewed in two different folders. If you want then you can hide Messages folder so that all the emails will be landed in their designated folders. To do so highlight Messages icon > click Menu and select Hide.

To receive all of your SMS Texts and MMS in different folder then Follow the below steps -

1. Messages
  2. Options
  3. General Options
  4. SMS and Email Inboxes: Separate

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit