Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Kappoz
My Device: curve 8520

music,videos gone

hey there guys, ive recently fell into a problem with my 1 year old blackberry curve 8520, what happened is that i had to reboot my phone, and After the rebooting happened, I went into my media file and wanted to listen to some music, Had over 250 songs, and when i got there it was all gone, this happened to me before but it came back after 3 hours or so, this time it's been nearly a month and the songs and videos have not came back yet, is there a fix for this ? and also when i try to download any type of music it keeps saying something about not enought memory or something like that, and it dont let me save any songs above 1mb. if you can help me it would be really great hope to hear back from someone very soon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: music,videos gone

It sounds like your SD card is going bad or is having an issue.

A few things to try.  Remove the battery, remove / reinsert the SD card and put the battery back in.

If you still can't see the files, see what happens if you connect the blackberry to the computer via mass storage mode:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=60A55CB2AAB517DAB296A87FB0139C13?...

If you can't see the files on the computer, the files may be lost due to a bad media card.

You can also try recurva and let it scan the card through the computer. 

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

If you can see the files, I recommend that you move the files to your computer and replace the SD card if possible.