Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
nuangel1
My Device: Not Specified

my 8310 will not backup

i upgraded last night to 4.5 .69 and everything seems to be working fine.but my phone now won't backup .i get an errror message .what would cause that?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: my 8310 will not backup

What error are you getting?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nuangel1

it shows a red x and says error while backing up database.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Does it say which database it's failing on? While backing up you should notice a status bar of the different databases being backed up. If it keeps failing on the same one it may means that there is a corrupt entry in that database. So you can try a few things:

1. What version of the Desktop Manager do you have? If you don't have 4.5 or 4.6  then download load them from here, and try the backup again
  2. Go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Using CTRL+mouse click, select all the databases except the one having the error. Then hit the arrow pointing to the left. After the entries are copied to the left side just save them by going to File | Save As. This will save the entries to an IPD file on your computer.
  3. If that fails you may have to clear the database giving you the error. So once again go back into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Select the database giving you trouble on the right side and hit the clear button. This will erase all the entries from that database. Afterwards try doing the backup.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nuangel1

thanks i'll try it
Please use plain text.