Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

krisqu
My Device: Curve 9320

my BB Curve's 9320 performance slowed down gradually and eventually it froze (reboot needed)

I noticed that the general performance of my Curve 9320 kept gradually slowing down over the last  few days.

I realised that  when the clock on desktop needed a short moment to get time updated when the device was brought back to 'work' from a stand-by mode. I could clearly see the time shown being 'refreshed' going from the hour the phone was previously in use to the actual time.

The device finally freaked out this afternoon after the trackpad become irresponsive to scrolling the cursor moved on the screen with a huge delay and the device finally hanged.

I had to reboot my phone... it seems OK now.

Any ide what it might have been?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: my BB Curve's 9320 performance slowed down gradually and eventually it froze (reboot needed)

Hi krisqu,

Welcome to the Comunity,

I think we all Blackberry User know that Battery pull Restart is needed and required for your devices to run efficiently,Have a look at this Link  Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how ,So whenever you see or feel any unusual in your device perform a battery pull it can fix all primary issues.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Curve39320

My Curve 9320 Clock Timer + Screen Problem

[ Edited ]

Well it was working fine until when I turned it off to charge for a few mintues and then when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't turn on so then I reebooted it and it loaded throught the blackberry white bar thingy. Then all of a sudden it finished loading and the screen went black and the clock timer came on for hours through out the night to the morning and it's still a black screen with the clock timer there. I've rebooted it more than twice but it's still doing the same thing.

Elite II
prince2012

Re: My Curve 9320 Clock Timer + Screen Problem

Curve39320 wrote:

Well it was working fine until when I turned it off to charge for a few mintues and then when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't turn on so then I reebooted it and it loaded throught the blackberry white bar thingy. Then all of a sudden it finished loading and the screen went black and the clock timer came on for hours through out the night to the morning and it's still a black screen with the clock timer there. I've rebooted it more than twice but it's still doing the same thing.

Hello Curve39320

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you confirm if you have Installed any application before this problem started ? let us know.

New Contributor
Curve39320

[ Edited ]

Well do you mean days,months or right before I turned the device off?

It was charging before I turned it off. The problem is , is that when I reboot it the white bar loads fine then when it's full it goes to a black screen and a clock timer is in the middle of the screen and just stays there for hours

Elite II
prince2012

Curve39320 wrote:

Well do you mean days,months or right before I turned the device off?

It was charging before I turned it off. The problem is , is that when I reboot it the white bar loads fine then when it's full it goes to a black screen and a clock timer is in the middle of the screen and just stays there for hours

Hi Curve39320

I mean recently before the problem started , it may be just before or within a day before you turn off your device !

If it is then Can you try to Boot your device on safe Mode :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

On Safe Mode delete any recently Installed application which you think might be responsible, From Options > Device > Application Management > ?

KB10040 :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

But if that not the case and it happened suddenly , then you should try an OS reload to rule out any Software issue , to do that here is the KB :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please try those steps that suits your condition and let us know of your progress.

New Contributor
Curve39320

It started last night and it's still contuning

Elite II
prince2012

Curve39320 wrote:

It started last night and it's still contuning

Hello Curve39320

Please follow those above steps .. I repeat if it started after installing any application that delete that particular application which may fix your issue ... OR try an Software Reload .

So please try it .

New Contributor
Curve39320

Re: my BB Curve's 9320 performance slowed down gradually and eventually it froze (reboot needed)

I cant delete anything since when ever I finish rebooting it goes black and a timer comes not allowing me to go to the home screen to unlock my phone.
New Contributor
Curve39320

Well now my home screen is on but has a clock timer in the middle but won't come off and will not allow me to move around even though I know my track pad works fine.