Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

lucieice36
My Device: blackberry 8520

my Curve wont get any Signal and keeps saying SOS

Hi,

i have a Blackberry Curver 8250, since the server went down i cant get any signal. It keep saying SOS. i have tried a range of things to try and get signla but it just says SOS

help??

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
SebastienR
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: my Curve wont get any Signal and keeps saying SOS

Hi, welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

SOS is an emergency signal, enabling to use your phone for calling registered emergency numbers even when there is no connection to the network provider (as such).

Backup your phone using the Blackberry Desktop Software, then do a complete wipe of the phone.

If the problem persists, try a different SIM card in the phone.

If the problem continues to persist, take the phone to another area - outside the range of the current tower see what happens.

A question, do you have a friend or relative on the same network, at they experiencing this problem? Additionally, have you tried to call your network provider and ask if the tower in your area is currently working correctly?

Not sure what you have done already, so sorry if you have tried some of my suggestions. :smileyhappy:

Regards

- Blackberry Curve 9300 - 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236) -
Please use plain text.
Visitor
kelly18
My Device: blackberry 9300

mines says the same thing, ive tried takin out the battery and the sim card but nothing happen i still says sos

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
SebastienR
My Device: Curve 9300

1. Have you tried leaving the local coverage area of the tower, that is, each tower has a certain "area" that it covers before your phone switches to the next available tower. Try leaving the area (you'll have to go several km's away I'm afraid) and see what happens.

2. Try a different SIM card.

3. Try your current SIM card in a different phone. 

4. Call your provider and ask them about the coverage in your area. 

5. Reset your Host Routing  Tables ( link ),

6. Resend your Service Books ( link ),

7. If all else fails, go to your provider and ask them to have a look at your phone. 

Hope this helps, :smileyhappy:

- Blackberry Curve 9300 - 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236) -
Please use plain text.
Geegee1997
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

I Recently Dropped My Blackberry Curve 8520 Down The Toilet:Oops: And I Left It In A Bowl Of Rice Overnight By The Radioater And I Put The Batt In In The Morning And Everything Was Working Fine My Blackberry Messenger Was Fine But My Sim Card Went All Funny And Is Saying SOS When Every Connection Like Tmobile Network And Wifi Are Turnt On..What Should I So Help? I Carnt Make No Calls Or Texts And I Carnt Use Internet Should I Get A New Tmobile Sim Card?! :smileyindifferent: 

Please use plain text.
meganrobertsx
My Device: Blackberry curve

It says insert sim when i have my 02 sim card already in it and my connection says sos when its connected to my mobile and wi-fi connections what can i do?

Please use plain text.
fizzakhalid
My Device: 9320

hi, my blackberry 9320 isnt reading my sim it keeps on saying ''insert sim''..and the signal place says SOS ..i inserted any other sim and it got connected instantly, i placed my sim in another phone but the other phone says 'insert sim''. i dont if its locked or wht :/ i need help. if my sim is unlocked how do i unlock it..please help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

fizzakhalid wrote:

hi, my blackberry 9320 isnt reading my sim it keeps on saying ''insert sim''..and the signal place says SOS ..i inserted any other sim and it got connected instantly, i placed my sim in another phone but the other phone says 'insert sim''. i dont if its locked or wht :/ i need help. if my sim is unlocked how do i unlock it..please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I'd actually deduce a faulty SIM as the cause. If it required a password, then the prompt would be different than what you report. The fact that you get the same error with two different devices even further supports the faulty SIM conclusion. You need to contact the supplier to you of the SIM for replacement.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.