Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bukola_1234
My Device: blackberry curve 8520 smarthphone - model no RCG41GW

my bb curve 8520 has been stolen can anyone track it for me, or how do i go about it

[ Edited ]

HI KERRI B AND NUMEROUS COMMUNITY FORUM,

AM USING THIS MEDIUM TO MAKE IT KNOWN THAT MY BLACKBERRY CURVE WAS STOLEN AT MY PLACE OF WORK ON WEDNESDAY, HOWEVER, I DONT KNOW HOW TO TRACK IT DOWN BECAUSE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SET THE INSTANT MESSAGE ASPECT, I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS SATURDAY.

I LIVE IN NIGERIA- ABUJA IN WEST AFRICA,.

I AWAITS U GUYS URGENT RESPONSE ON HOW TO LOCATE IT.

bukola olukoga

bukola olukoga
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: my bb curve 8520 has been stolen can anyone track it for me, or how do i go about it

Hiya!
Sadly noone can track the device for you.
However, if you had installed Blackberry Protect on your device prior to it going missing, you would be able to remotely lock it and track it that way... did you by chance do that?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
bukola_1234

Re: my bb curve 8520 has been stolen can anyone track it for me, or how do i go about it

HI

I DIDNT DO THAT, BUT WHERE CAN SOMEONE GET THE BLACKBERRY PROTECTOR, DO THEY COME WITH THE PHONE OR DOES ONE HAS TO LOG ON A PARTICULAR WEBSITE TO ACTIVATE IT / FOR INSTALLATION.

PLS EDUCATE ME COS AM PLANNING TO BUY ANOTHER ONE AND THIS WILL ENABLE ME DO WHAT U SUGGESTED, PLS GIVE ME THE PROCESS OF BLACKBERRY PROTECTION.

MEANWHILE WHERE DO YOU STAY, I LIVE IN NIGERIA.

TNX

bukola olukoga
Forums Veteran I
Raelic

Blackberry Protect can be downloaded from the blackberry App World application on the device, or here http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ from your PC.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

If I were you I would also contact your carrier and ask them to add the IMEI of your stolen phone to the international blacklist of IMEI. This will prevent your stolen phone to work in the countries that support that blacklist.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
AnthonyProbert
My Device: Curve 3G(9300)
My Carrier: Telus

Like the guy said. Tell your service provider they might be able to block the phone from being used, Or they might be able to contact RIM or themselves to see where the phone is using GPS's ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help you with this problem? if so please show your appreciation by clicking the Like button inside of my post. Please remember I am not a RIM employee the support forums are user-to-user, not user-to-RIM.
New Contributor
bukola_1234

pls what is the full meaning of RIM. THNS FOR UR RESPONSE

bukola olukoga
Forums Veteran I
Raelic

Research In Motion

New Contributor
bukola_1234

HI XANDRES, IS MY NETWORK PROVIDER THE SAMETIHING AS MY CARRIER OR WHO IS  MY CARRIER

OR IS IT POSSIBLE I CONTACT IMEI MYSELF IF YES N

HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT. PLS EDUCATE ME MORE. COS THE PHONE IS LESS THAN 3 MONTHS OLD, TNX

bukola olukoga
Developer
AnthonyProbert
My Device: Curve 3G(9300)
My Carrier: Telus

Your network provider is the same thing as a carrier... Also the use of caps doesn't make us reply any quicker.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help you with this problem? if so please show your appreciation by clicking the Like button inside of my post. Please remember I am not a RIM employee the support forums are user-to-user, not user-to-RIM.