Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
louisavw
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

my bb curve 8520 runs very slow

Hi there!!! Can anyone assist...if I go onto the internet to download music my BB runs very slow and the download fails...is it my BB or my network...and is the hotspot browser also on my BIS or does this use data?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: my bb curve 8520 runs very slow

Hey louisavw,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The speed for downloads from the browser is controlled by your network service provider.  I would suggest investigating the issue further with them.

As well, some network service providers do not allow large files to be downloaded from the browser.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CatalystDanny95
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: my bb curve 8520 runs very slow

Hello louisavw!

You must keep your memory free...keep pressed Alt and type LGLG(pressing alt)...you will end up showing event log..these are background processes in your blackberry...clear the log by pressing blackberry button..also enable memory cleaning by

Go to ‘Options’ > Scroll to and select ‘Security Options’ > Scroll to and select ‘Advanced Security Options’ > Select ‘Memory Cleaning’ > You’ll see a drop-down menu, select ‘Enable’.

Also,Open your browser > Press the BlackBerry button to reveal a menu > Select ‘Options’ > Select ‘Cache Operations’ > Under ‘Content Cache’ you will see a ‘Clear’ button. Select ‘Clear’...close your aqpplications when not in need :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.