Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtn

my blackberry 8520 booting problem

My blackberry curve 8520 wont go past the blackberry booting screen, i have done hard reset, removed sim and memory card, change batteries yet it wont go past that spot. please assist.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: my blackberry 8520 booting problem

Hello piadora

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Before this problem started , Can you confirm if you installed any application or wallpaper or themes on your BlackBerry ? Think carefully !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options  > Application > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtn

thanks prince for the response, but the problem still persist. the phone keeps freezing up at the blackberry booting screen so its not even going into safe mode. i would seriously wecome more suggestions? thanks

Elite II

Hi piadora

There are few other methods to recover but they are more drastic , will delete all data within your device , So first try the safe Mode method .

But if you have a backup or using BlackBerry Protect for backup then you can try this Knowledge Base to recover your device , You can restore your backup after your device got fixed .But don't restore any 3rd party application because they might be responsible for this issue.

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: orange

I am having exactly the same problem! Reboot bar gets to about 2/3 along and then stops.
Elite II

Hello KimConnor

If you're having the same problem then please follow those suggestions given above . I hope it will help .

So please try those.

New Contributor

Tried all of the above, but including a complete system delete. Unfortunately, when following KB10144 at step 3 it only asked me if I wanted to sign up to email updates. It has not give me any updates and has not fixed the problem! What next???
Elite II

KimConnor wrote:
Tried all of the above, but including a complete system delete. Unfortunately, when following KB10144 at step 3 it only asked me if I wanted to sign up to email updates. 

Hi there ,

First be sure that your PC do have an active internet , then restart your PC and try those steps again. It will work.

KimConnor wrote:
 It has not give me any updates and has not fixed the problem! What next???

When you click on Update what are you offered ?  On left corner are you able to see an Option " View Other Version " ? If you're then Click on that , it will show all available OS for your device . Choose anyone  from that list to install it on your device.

New Contributor

Internet connection fine. Tried on laptop and PC and both come up with the same thing. I click on Update and the choices I get are either 'repair' or 'cancel'. There is nothing in the top left hand corner. I have been selecting 'repair' as that seems to be the obvious solution, but then after some time it just comes up with the box saying no updates available now, do you want to sign up? Clicking cancel just closes it and all I'm left with is the desktop software screen. oh, and then it tries again because the software cannot communicate with my phone! Any other suggestions??!!
Elite II

KimConnor wrote:
Internet connection fine. Tried on laptop and PC and both come up with the same thing. I click on Update and the choices I get are either 'repair' or 'cancel'. There is nothing in the top left hand corner. I have been selecting 'repair' as that seems to be the obvious solution, but then after some time it just comes up with the box saying no updates available now, do you want to sign up? Clicking cancel just closes it and all I'm left with is the desktop software screen. 

What happen if you Sign Up ? have you tried that ?

KimConnor wrote:
 oh, and then it tries again because the software cannot communicate with my phone! Any other suggestions??!!

If you're unable to use the above method then please try this Article :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state