Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff

my blackberry curve 8520's screen keeps going white

i have a blackberry curve 8520 and for about the last 2-3 weeks the screen has been going white nearly everyday at random times . last night i was watching a video on my phone on youtube and the screen went white . this also sometimes happens when i am watching videos on youtube , when i am surfing the internet on my blackberry throughout wi-fi , its sometimes just happens when i am just on the blackberry and after a reboot . when the screen does go white i take the battery out and put it back in ,it reboots and sometimes just before the reboot is finished it goes white or even after the reboot is finished it goes white straight away. i then have to put it on charge throughout the blackberry charger or the blackberry usb . yesterday i downloaded blackberry desktop manager and connected my blackberry to it and done a back up and then i tried taking the battery out and putting it back in and i never got the white screen but i started getting it again . please help and please be specific on what is causing this and how i can stop/prevent it 

All Replies
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: my blackberry curve 8520's screen keeps going white

Hi Solidbass,

You need to consider updating/reinstalling your device OS again.

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit