Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nurx
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

my blackberry does not start up!

Hi!

My blackberry does not start up. I've charged the battery for 2.30 hours, removed the battery, tried whatever I could, but nothing, it doesn't work. Do you know how can I start the blackberry? 

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

Re: my blackberry does not start up!

Are you using a wall charger or USB charger? Do you see any LED light when you put in the charger? Normally you should see a flashing orange light, when the battery is fully charged it should turn to green.

However if your battery was drained completely and you are trying to charge via USB it will not be possible because USB uses power to initiate charging.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nurx

I use a USB charger. When I have the Blackberry conected to this charger I see a red light all the time. I've never seen a green or an orange light on my blackberry.

Do you think I shoud charge it in my wall charger? However, I think its battery has to be full.

Thank you a lot!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere

Yes get a wall charger and plug it in. USB can only charge the phone if there is still some charge in the battery. USB will show a red light but will not be charging at all because the PC has to identify the phone before charging starts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nurx

ok!

Thank you for all!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere

You are welcome, just remember to mark the post as solved!
Please use plain text.
HOLLEWOOD
My Device: CURVE 8900
My Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

MY BLACKBERRY BLACKED OUT THE SCREEN WON'T SHOW I'VE REBOOTED IT SERVERAL TIMES IT RINGS BUT THE KEYPAD DOESN'T WORK EITHER! HELP ME PLZ!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

HOLLEWOOD wrote:

MY BLACKBERRY BLACKED OUT THE SCREEN WON'T SHOW I'VE REBOOTED IT SERVERAL TIMES IT RINGS BUT THE KEYPAD DOESN'T WORK EITHER! HELP ME PLZ!

Wow, what big bright font!

Make sure you are resetting by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2.

See if that resolves the problem. If notr, then more information will be needed before making suggestions. Please provide as much as you are able of the the following

Blackberry Model.
Carrier Name.
Do you have a Data Plan?
Operating System Version go to Menu > Options > About - it looks like v5.0.0.681
Any error statement or code.
The Exact nature of problem - the more info the better.
When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App or download.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
cblanc112284
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Metro PCS

My Blackberry Curve has just froze up on me. I have taken the battery out and put it back in. The red LED light comes on, Blackberry logo comes on and the loading progress bar loads. I have Metro PCS, and it stays at that SCREEN and will not do anything else. Can someone please help me on what I should do???

Please use plain text.
Iyanna
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: dffds

My Blackberry does not work.

Hi, Uhmm. I have a same problem. I'm using wall charger but fake. Then when I woke up, I saw may Blackberry Bold 9000 does not working. The light is always red. What should  I do? 

Please use plain text.